Exclamation New affiliate
    Hi all ,
    I have made a new affiliate program with amazon. I see there are click, but I'm not making any money. Can anyone tell me why ?

---

Quote Originally Posted by faris10
    Hi all ,
    I have made a new affiliate program with amazon. I see there are click, but I'm not making any money. Can anyone tell me why ?
    the usual observation in this case is that your site may look like many other sites or have no offering with which to keep the visitor on the site.

the worst case is if you bought your site from a place that sells "stores."

Hi faris10, and welcome to ABW,

Amazon offers no cookies (a specified time in which the clicker can make a purchase and you get the sale) so unless the customer/clicker purchases a product at the exact time that he looks at the product from your site you don't get a sale... I'd say diversify with other products and offers from cj, linkshare, shareasale and the such like that do offer cookies.

Hope you do well, and Love You,
    HumbleFish

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    Amazon offers no cookies
    HumbleFish
    I thought they have 24 hours tracking cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by 8millions
    I thought they have 24 hours tracking cookie.
    Hi 8millions,

Not sure, but you're probably right about the 24hrs, sorry... I was like making a comparison between amazon that gives 24hrs or so and other merchants that give 30, 60, or even 120 day cookies... I believe the larger cookies increase the odds of making a sale quite a bit... That's what I was trying to get across.
    Last edited by HumbleFish; April 28th, 2006 at 11:17 AM. Reason: wording, spelling

Unhappy
    Unless you have a massive amount of traffic I don't advice you dong business with amazon.
    4% commission
    Low priced products ..... 80% books.
    pay every 3 months!
    visitor havs to buy on th same day so you can get your commission

The Greatest Combination !!!

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by 8millions
    Unless you have a massive amount of traffic I don't advice you dong business with amazon.
    4% commission
    Low priced products ..... 80% books.
    pay every 3 months!
    visitor havs to buy on th same day so you can get your commission

The Greatest Combination !!!
    Not Really . . . it doesn't take many orders to bump your rate to 6%, most of the sales don't have to be books, the cookie duration is 24 hours, not the same instant, and can extend much longer to items put in a shopping cart. A shorter pay period would screw up the commission structure, also.

No one can advise anyone whether or not to "do business" with Amazon.com. it is up to the individual how to set up their site and promote it.

However, on the average it takes a lot of visitors to bring in orders. But a well-designed site can catch a seasonal bunch of visitors and do well. And do better in time.

My advice would be to diversify, to try other merchants to add to one's site mix. And if you seem to have too many visitors and too little income, you can always experiment with Google Adsense. It has worked for many.

You are right & BTW I make money from amazon associate program.

But what I'm trying to say here is amazon needs alot of time and effort to make money from which is not suitable as a start.

New affiliates need to see results fast to have faith in affiliate marketing,amazon can be apart of diversification process later on.

I can be wrong about that but I think that's the right way.

i found that sales were being made from my amazon.com pages, but hardly ever for the subject matter on those pages. Apparently people have bookmarked the pages then come in that way and go to amazon for other things.

I like that.

And yes, it is not for easy, fast money.

Clicks are one thing, but conversions are another. I've been an amazon associate for about 3 years now, but only this year have i made the efforts to make anything significant enough to be motivated to pursue the dream (stay home, and make money, and making money while I sleep).

It typically will take some time before you start converting. Something that will definately help, is going to be your ability to get your amazon product pages indexed, and the strength of your presentation. Take a look at awswebshop or livewebshop dot com. While it's all essentially the same thing (content from amazon webservices), the presentation is stronger then your standard craptastic amazon site, and that will make a big difference.

A good example for my case would be your favorite steak (the good content), served on a garbage lid (the presentation). Start with those factors of your site, then and only after, revisit your sales and conversion issue. I haven't seen your site so I'm not insulting it at all, my advice is based on some of the most common factors of amazon associate disappointments.

Hope this post helped.
    PuReWebDev

Faris10, welcome, just be patient and keep at it and I'm sure you'll see the sales come in, plus this is considered a slow season for sales with people
    starting vacations and such.

8millons:
    But what I'm trying to say here is amazon needs alot of time and effort to make money from which is not suitable as a start.

<i>For my sites, this is true also, I put about 10x more effort into my amazon pages to get
    sales than I do with any other merchant.</i>

Herb:
    i found that sales were being made from my amazon.com pages, but hardly ever for the subject matter on those pages.

<i>Yes, I have many pages on health and beauty, education, but I find that people visiting these pages have bought furniture,
    baby playpens, apparel, etc.</i>

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread