WeShipBabyGifts.com - how not to do
    Sometimes one cannot but wonder how some merchants see affiliate marketing. One of CJ's newest merchants, WeShipBabyGifts.com, has a huge 1-800 number on EVERY page directly under the product, and just below that a big Adsense block - you have to see this to believe.

Where on earth is their common sense...?
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    I just noticed them as a new merchant today and looked. It stands out like a sore thumb on that site. They could get a lot of people signing up, but not with those kinds of huge leaks, unless people don't know any better.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Adsense blocks on merchant websites is unacceptable, bottom line.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    What does a philipino newspaper have to do with baby gifts, beats the crap outta me.

Check it out and judge for yourselves....btw Purple is such a regal color....Nice touch!

http://site.weshipbabygifts.com/lmlinks/index.htm

Not cool

OH SHNAPP....looks like they wanna be a search engine, my bad....forget yahoo, forget google....just go to weshipbabygifts.com

ABW Ambassador
    The link to the newspaper may just be a recip or 3-way link arrangement or an advertising deal, either perfectly legitimate.

Yes, I have visited this website and agree M Diddy Yahoo ads on merchant websites is unacceptable.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Geeeeeeze "Call Store for Price" ... that's way inviting. Buncha noobs will likely sign up and keep them clueless for a few weeks anyway. *sigh*
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I'm going to email them and tell them all about it.

Actually their toll free number is listed FIVE times on the main page, in case you missed that. Most of the merchants I run have a toll free number somewhere, and I don't think I lose too many orders through those, however five times on the main page is just overkill.

They probably don't know any better but it's almost like they don't want affiliates to sign up.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager durkp's Avatar
    WeShipBabyGifts.com- note of apology and improvements to the site
    As a new CJ advertiser, we're always open to input from our affiliates and prospective affiliates. Our desire was to get the CJ program up and running as quickly as possible, but it has been pointed out that in so doing we have not made WeShipBabyGifts.com as affiliate friendly as it can be. We apologize we did not catch this prior to our program launch.

In response to this thread, all 3rd part search engine ads have been removed from our site.

Several comments have been made about our inclusion of the 1-800 number on our pages, and while affiliates are worried about losing sales to people calling directly to our office, we have discovered something different altogether. People calling our office from the website typically ask for a clarification of the contents of the gift baskets or on how the personalization of the items is ordered. Virtually all return to the website to complete the orders, in fact they are encouraged to do so by our staff.

We are also looking into a way to incorporate the affiliate ID into some sort of promotional code that would be mentioned by a customer placing a phone order. Using this we could then manually credit the affiliate in CJ. If anyone is aware on how to do this, please post to this thread or email me via private post at weshipbabygifts@eaccountable.com. I will be contacting CJ customer support for them to provide some examples of sites that have done so.

Most importantly, by including the 1-800 number on our site, sales conversions have increased dramatically as people are reassured that WeSHipBabyGifts.com is a real business. This means more sales for affiliates as well as for us.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments.
    Durk Price
    Affiliate Manager for WeShipBabyGifts.com

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I could rip up with product links for this merchant. Too bad they're on CJ where getting a product link is next to impossible. *sigh* But I appreciate Durk coming in here to explain and clean up their pages.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I could rip up with product links for this merchant. Too bad they're on CJ where getting a product link is next to impossible. *sigh*
    You betcha! Those pictures really lure the clickthroughs.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread