Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Remember What's Really Important...
    Life has a way of throwing us real curve ball when we least expect it...
    Exactly 3 months ago today my daddy went home to a better place after a short bout with pancreatic cancer. He passed from this world peacefully with his hand in mine and his last words were " Look after my granchildren for me, I love you little girl" then he closed his eyes, drew his last breath and went home to a better place, free from all his pain and suffering...
    Funny how this insidious disease snuck up on him, he was 75 but still, skiing, hunting, and fishing, most never knew that he was older than 55 and when they found out they were shocked... He was the picture of health and full of life...
    He was not a great man, he didn't leave his mark on this world, like a Trump, Speilberg, or any other famous person we may know...
    He was just an ordinary man, one who raised his only child, all by himself, a little girl who he taught unconditional love, the wonder of every new day, enthusiasm to go out and explore life thru the eyes of a child..
    He taught me to make memories for they are the only things that last that no one can ever take away from you, they live forever in your heart...
    His life was by no means easy, we had our rough times, a stubborn teen, and a old fashioned dad, we didn't always see eye to eye, but thru it all I knew he loved me.. I don't remember the fact that we never had much money, I knew we had a home that was always warm, always had decent clothes, and food in the cupboards.. But I do remember all the trips we took, skiing in the winter, camping every weekend in the spring and summer, the long road trips thru the US, been thru all the states except for Hawaii.. I remember being on the top of the Empire State Building, going right to the end of the Florida Keys, Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, and of course all our friend in California... My memories of the good times that no one can ever take away from me....

He left this earth when I needed him the most , just been diagnosed with lupus and fibromyalgia, I knew he was sick already he just wouldn't tell me how bad until he knew I'd be okay, that was just like him...
    But he hung on long enough to make sure I was fine...
    Always been a daddy's girl, those who know me know I'm strong and tough nothing ever gets to me I can handle anything...
    What they never knew was that when life got to be too much for me one phone call from Daddy and I'd be okay again and ready to rock and roll..
    I've found that I am stronger than I thought I was, I can stand on my on 2 feet without daddy to catch me, though a bit wobbly at times...

PLEASE never forget how short out time on earth really is, it can be taken from us in a heartbeat...
    Remember what's really important, those little memories you make with your kids or your spouse, the little moments that make life worth living...
    Sure hitting that $10,000 a month thru aff marketing or whatever but make sure those goals are worth the price, sometimes goals need to be revised to be truly happy, success is not always the end result, sometimes the best element of success is the journey in getting there...
    Thanks to an ordinary man, his legacy of unconditional love, love of life, and the enthusiasm to really live from the heart will live on in his daughter and his 3 grandchildren and he will be greatly missed, a void nothing will ever fill...
    We love you daddy, you are in our hearts now and forever more...
    Rest in peace and may you be living free now...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Good God - I did not need to be crying right now but I couldn't stop reading your post, JustDoIt - Your father sounds like a perfect parent and that you remember his unconditional love and support uppermost is a testament to his greatness.

Thanks for the reminder about what's really important, too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hey you ... didn't know about all this.

I uh ... don't do this much but in rare cases sometimes things need to be done.

c'mere ... (((((HUGS)))))

Think I need to take you out for that happy meal soon
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Just - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, its great that you have such wonderful memories of him. Those memories will give you the strength you need to overcome any difficult situation you encounter for the rest of your life. Whenever you think of him, he will be right there with to help you thru still just as he always did before.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

That is a beautiful tribute to your father.

Don't know what else to say but thanks for sharing how special he was!!!
    Ebudae

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Wow, just read this post and it echo's many of my thoughts that I think about but don't put into action. As an admited workaholic, I need to step back and add some balance to my life.....

Thank you, that made my night....sorry for your loss, you sure are making him proud though.....he's smiling from heaven.....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Just, your dad was the same age as my mom who I lost on Palm Sunday to cancer. You can never replace the emptiness of that loss but I talk to my mom and ask for guidance daily. I feel like I have a guardian angel looking over me and that helps soothe over the pain. Know that your dad is looking over you and enjoying the things you enjoy.

You were lucky to have each other. I can totally relate being a Daddy's girl also. Lost him 5 years ago now just before my first child was born. We also did alot of traveling camping and fishing. It is those moments that make us who we are. There are alot of unsung hero Dads out there with lucky son's and daughters.

Thanks for the memories JustDoIt.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread