Angry Broken Images!!
    Now that I know how to find merchants who provide the "make a page" feature, the one that I chose has broken images! Can this be fixed at Shareasale? The merchant is DecoDenim.com.

There are no thumbnail images. Neither the links made with the large image nor the thumbnail image selection work. (The requested URL http:// was not found on this server.) What gives?

Gene
    TCS

I hate when this happens... What I do sometimes is just go to the site find the image and copy it and download it to my host/server and run it from there... I just do it like this: (a href="")(img src="" alt="")(/a) ... Replace () with <> to make it work.

Re: Broken Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish
    I hate when this happens... What I do sometimes is just go to the site find the image and copy it and download it to my host/server and run it from there... I just do it like this: (a href="")(img src="" alt="")(/a) ... Replace () with <> to make it work.
    The only thing is that when you don't use the coding Shareasale gives, your account doesn't get credit when someone buys.

Quote Originally Posted by Glynis
    The only thing is that when you don't use the coding Shareasale gives, your account doesn't get credit when someone buys.
    I wish someone from the Shareasale network would answer this question.

It's great when others try to help, but sometimes one needs an answer from the network.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I'm not sure I understand the question...however...

The part of code that needs to stay intact is the link itself - if you have experience with HTML you can play around a little with the images, etc... if you need to.

As for the merchant in question, it would appear that they failed to provide images, I will contact them to see if they can redo their datafeed.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale

The part of code that needs to stay intact is the link itself - if you have experience with HTML you can play around a little with the images, etc... if you need to.

As for the merchant in question, it would appear that they failed to provide images, I will contact them to see if they can redo their datafeed.
    Thanks for the reply, Brian.

While you're checking that out, could you please comment on this ?

Thank you. I received help from others, but I did not get any input from someone at Shareasale.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Glynis
    Hi Glynis,

Yes, you do get the sale: you use the tracking link that they give you at shareasale and you put the image that you are running from your server/host in the middle and it tracks just fine.

Just do it like this: (a href="this is the tracking link that you receive from shareasale")(img src="and this is the image that you are running off your server/host")insert the name of the product in here if you like(/a) ... Replace () with <> to make it work.

If it helps, I often copy and host the images myself, especially when I want to do something like what Rhia asked re: nail polish.

HumbleFish is right on how you do the code. I find a product I like and if the merchant has not supplied it to SAS so I can easily grab it from the "specific product link section" then I grab the image, make a custom link to that specific page on the merchant site and write my own sales copy.

When SAS added the make a custom link feature, it was suddenly a piece of cake to make individual pages to my own specs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    When SAS added the make a custom link feature, it was suddenly a piece of cake to make individual pages to my own specs.
    But is it a custom link to a product or a page of products?

Create a Custom Link to a Page
    What if you want a specific product only?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

You can make the custom link down to a specific product. Try it you will like it.

You can make it a text or image link.

Gene
    TCS

Quote Originally Posted by thecool
    You can make the custom link down to a specific product. Try it you will like it.

You can make it a text or image link.

Gene
    TCS
    Yep, thecool is right... All you need is your desired url and the image and you've got it made in the shade now!

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale

Thank you, Brian. The reason I use the images provided by the merchants is that doing this I don't have to provide the storage space for the images. The merchant I was originally talking about is one that I believe would be utilized by many of my friends. Of course this means some bucks in the bank for me.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread