Feeds - 250mb xml file
    Just got access to the data feeds for 5 merchants. I asked for XML, but wasnt expecting all 5 feeds to be in the same file. Non of the tools i use can cope with 250mb file

Can you have separate feeds for each merchant?
    Guessing CVS, and other formats are much smaller?

Cheers

add more memory to your system or open it in notepad. I open 350MB sql and xml files all the time in notepad. takes about a minute or so but you need a good amount of memory

You can get free file splitter programmes which might help in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    add more memory to your system or open it in notepad. I open 350MB sql and xml files all the time in notepad. takes about a minute or so but you need a good amount of memory
    WordPad is *much* faster at opening and fiddling with big files, I've found.

I get my DFs from CJ all in one big zip file. Unzipping it yields a separate pipe-delimited text file for each DF.

CJ offers lots of options, but it seems you have to ask for separate files before they'll send the feed to you that way.
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

Currently I receive data feed from reporting.net. It is very easy to get data feed from reporting.net. I have FTP access to ftp.befree.com and all the files are available to download. How do you request datafeed from CJ or linkshare?
    Could you please let me know how to get data feed from CJ and Linkshare?
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by csearch
    Currently I receive data feed from reporting.net. It is very easy to get data feed from reporting.net. I have FTP access to ftp.befree.com and all the files are available to download. How do you request datafeed from CJ or linkshare?
    that's something I never considered . . . can you tell us how one applies to bfree for that previlege?

Getting datafeed from befree is very easy. I have send an email to befree to get the datafeed. They have setup an FTP account for me and got following reply from them.
    I have download the datafeed and have created a demo site for each of my partner merchants. Take a look at these demo site.

www.awebhosts.com/merchants

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hello.

Your datafeeds are now set up. By default, we set up all feeds for merchants you're accepted to.

Since you are using our standard feeds, your feeds are available immediately. Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you set up your feeds properly.

To get your feeds:
    1. FTP to ftp.befree.com
    2. Login with your Partner Gateway username and password. If you change your PG password in the future, your FTP password will not change.

Your datafeeds will appear in the /datafeed2 directory. (Note, there is a /datafeed directory which we use if we customize your feeds.)

Standard datafeed files are in the format of: merchant_products.txt.gz
    and are tab delimited. All files are compressed with gzip. If you are using Windows, WinZip can read these as well as some free programs. See http://www.gzip.org for more information.

Some important notes:

1. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** These standard datafeeds do not have your siteID encoded in the click URLs. As you process these feeds, you will need to replace the zero siteID with your own siteID. You can find your siteID for each merchant by creating a tag for the merchants in Partner Gateway. Do not assume that your siteID is the same for all merchants.

You can find your siteID by generating a tag for each merchant. I can provide a list of all of your siteIDs upon request.

Test your links. If you see click-throughs registering for your links, then theyre fine. Clicks appear in the Daily Transactions and Traffic reports every few hours.

If you do not replace the zero site ID with your own, sales will not track. Search for siteid=0 and replace it with siteid=yoursiteid.

2. If the merchant ever has problems with their feed, it's possible that a zero byte file will be uploaded, or a very small file (header row only). If you automate the retrieval and loading of these files, it's a good practice to make sure the file is bigger than, say, 10k.

3. Getting Help:

If you join other programs and would like to add more feeds, please send a request to datafeeds@befree.com. The full list of feeds is at the bottom of this email. Please include your FTP account name and any applicable Partner Gateway login names with your request.

If you have any formatting or ftp questions, please email affiliatehelp@befree.com.

Other issues, such as content, available product information, categories, etc., should be discussed with your merchants,

We cannot provide help on actually using your datafeeds. You'll need the technical expertise to do that. Datafeed how-to information development can be found on most affiliate message boards.

Sincerely,

BFAST Partner Gateway Support Team
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

Cool
    very interesting; thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by csearch
    I don't know about LInkShare, but for CJ you do approximately this:

-- Click "Contact Us" at dthe top-right of CJ's screen after you've logged-in.
    -- Choose "Ask A Question".
    -- Select as a category "Data Transfer"
    -- Request datafeeds.

However, be aware that to get feeds from CJ you have to either pay them a one-time $200 setup fee, or have $10,000 in sales in a month.

Some vendors will supply you their datafeeds outside of CJ, however, you can always email them and ask them.
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread