Does Resubmission to Search Engines Make Sense
    According to the SEOs, if you want to get and hold your position for your website in the search engines, you should resubmit your site after some time, 90 days or more... But according to my experience I never resubmited to any search engines in which I am already included, but I always find improvement in ranking and popularity of my website. Is there anyone who may guide me about this myth of resubmission.

ABW Ambassador
    Myth is the right word.

ABW Ambassador
    According to the SEOs
    My guess it's probably according to people trying to sell submission services like for $29.95 a month. That is selling snake-oil, because "real" SEO's haven't submitted sites for years (unless some clients want it, so it's to satisfy them even though it's worthless). Crawling engines find pages & sites by links and follow their own crawl algos and schedules.

It's piffle.

The time you waste submitting your sites could be better spent. The search engines will find you.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I think there are still a few small SE's that you do need to submit to , to be included. But they probly account for .001% of total search traffic, so why bother?

I never ever submitted my websites to any search engine, even the first time. But I'm in all search engines.

there was an opinion going about, a few years back, that submitting to google would put your site in a queue that could last a month or more, and re-submitting could do it again.

I have an affiliateship with one particular Indy merchant whose TOS states they want regular search engine submissions of the sites I handle for them. The myth continues . . .

ABW Ambassador
    The myth continues because people read SEO sites from the 90's or take advise from people without a clue. It's very simple, sites get picked up by the SE's following links and inbound links are something you should get anyway because they help you in the SERPS. And then every now and then if you get a new inbound or a good amount the SE's say "Ah, looky looky, someone new (or a lot of sites) linked to this site, lemme go take a look, people must think this site is important and a site I should have in my index, maybe I'll visit it more often"

http://www.google.com/support/bin/an...=745&topic=356

There is no need to resubmit your site in search engine. It will reamin there until you made some changes which is against their terms and condition. You only need to inprove your contnt of the site to get the better ranking.
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

Once I have a new site initially stable I submit the 'sitelist' - in my cases a text file listing all of the site URLs - to Google and Yahoo. As I update the site I modify these 'sitelists' - without resubmitting - and Google/Yahoo pick up the revised list about every three days and appear to use these lists to setup their crawling schedule. I also maintain an HTML 'SiteMap' that visitors seem to use but Google/Yahoo don't anymore.

Regarding timing - I find that Google/Yahoo scan my 'sitelists' quickly but any serious crawling waits about 3 months.

Charles

im impressed... i am sure we all wear a same size of shoes... lets see who else have the same we do... anyhow, thanks

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread