Extending the Length of RSS Feed?
    I read on a blog (somewhere!?!) that there is a way to change the code in RSS feeds which will extend how many lines appear on your site. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm not talking about headlines, but the actual amount of lines which appear. In the blog it was discussed that you could do it so actual paragraphs or the entire "story" displays.

Thanks,
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

If you used the whole story would you not get penalized by search engines for duplicate content?

I just want a paragraph or two. Actually I heard Google rejects a lot of rss as content.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Animal Lover
    I think you'd need a script to pull the RSS feed down and assuming that the feed has the full paragraph or description in the feed itself, it should just be a matter of displaying it using the script? ie not just display the titles but also the description fields in the feed. This relies on the description section in the RSS feed being populated with the actual description text...some RSS feeds will only supply you with title and abstracts of the article which means you'd be limited by that.

There are a lot of little nifty RSS script displays out there that will do the job. This one does it in php (spaces inserted)

http : // www . globalsyndication. com /rss-parser

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Thanks Oscar. I'll give it a try.
    leeann

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread