How To Use Datafeeds? (I have FTP access from CJ)
    Hello,

I've just been setup with FTP access from CJ for datafeeds ($200 fee).

However, when I log into the FTP there aren't any files? Also, how can I tell which affiliates in CJ have feeds or not? Why do they have to make this so confusing!

It's not really.
    You'll get it. All the answers are here already, but to save you a couple of minutes they are:
    If a merchant lists indiviual products in the CJ interface, they havfe a product datafeed.
    If you just had your ftp setup today, then you will have to wait until they run your next update for them to show up in your folder.
    If daily, obviously that would be tomorrow but again it depends on how it's set up for you.
    They will run them daily or weekly depending on what you want.
    What they will do is send you an email each time it's run so you know when to get the new feeds.
    Hope that helps.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

So the feeds aren't always available? They said updates are "scheduled for Tuesdays"...

Do feeds from all merchants show up or only the ones I'm a member of?

Thanks

Only the specific merchant feeds you've requested will be included.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Only the specific merchant feeds you've requested will be included.
    Once you pay the $200 can you request the feeds from every single CJ merchant or is there a limit to how many feeds you are able to request?

Is it a one shot deal or must the affiliate pay $200 per merchant?

Is there a time constraint?

What if someone requested the feed from
    Merchant Y right away but then wanted the feed from Merchant X and Merchant Z. How much time does the affiliate have to request from X and Z?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

It's a one-time charge. As long as you're using the feeds and generating sales, I don't think there's any limit to how many they'll let you sign up for. I've requested several dozen over the course of the last few years.

If you sign up for a dozen, and only generate a sale every month or two, then request to sign up for 100 others, they might not be willing to turn on that many at once.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I thought CJ feeds were free now.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

befree is part of cj and their feed is free.
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

Animal Lover
    It's free if you hit a certain amount in sales - I can't remember the figure on the top of my head now - I think it's $10,000 in a month (that's SALES and not commissions) - could be wrong.

And as Michael rightly pointed out, you have to ask them to add to the list ie I want Merchant X,Y and Z feeds in there please (using the AAQ feature on CJ)...you can keep adding as you go along - I think they initially restrict it to 5 or so because the file can get rather large...depending on the merchants you pick...someone mentioned to me that the Zappos feed alone was in excess of 100MB in size.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Once I was accepted into the CJ datafeed family, as I get accepted with a new datafeed enabled merchant, their datafeed is automatically added to my weekly 'feed' - sometimes a very large addition!

Charles

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread