Fish Pie T-shirts is closing the affiliate program
    Hey there,
    I just sent a newsletter for all Fish Pie affiliates, but I know several of you supply non-working email addresses and there's a lag before the newsletter gets approved for sending out, so I'm making the announcement here.

Though we appreciate the efforts you all have made promoting our store, we're closing the affiliate program down, so please remember to remove your links to us, as we won't be crediting anything after tomorrow.

Sorry it was a short relationship, albeit an interesting one.

Here's to huge successes in your future and having a great time along the way.

Flo
    www.fishpie.com

Tomorrow?
    LOL looking for some free traffic then hmm?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Oh yes, I plan on making zillions of sales with all that free traffic...

Seriously, I could make the closedown in two weeks or two months, but we have so few sales through affiliates, it's going out with a sad, quiet whimper, so no...not planning anything nefarious, just putting it out of it's misery.

Incidentally, I really dreaded starting this thread as I knew I'd hear a lot of suspect stuff like this, but I thought it fair for those that don't have working email addresses to find out somehow.

Nah not suspect well ... maybe , but it's been done before and will be done again.
    Merchants expect everyone to drop what they are doing to make sudden and immeadiate changes.
    I'm not saying you are going to make a ton of money. But from the sound of it you do have affiliates who do have links up and who do make at least some sales. Those affiliates who have supported you are rewarded by you closing your program on them with less than 24 hours notice.
    Closing the program may be best for you and that's fine. But you stiff those few affiliates who were supporting you by making sudden changes like this. Especially if any of them are doing PPC.
    Some people don't check in here, some people don't belong here ... I know, what are they thinking ... and others may not have a chance to check their email.
    Don't get me wrong, if an affiliate program doesn't work for you that's sad, but ultimately it's your business and you know best. I've no problem with that. But any merchant of any size that decides to close a program with no notice will get the same treatment from me. It's shady (intentionally or not) and shows how little respect some merchants have for affiliates.

Yes I've been burned in the past
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Sorry to see you close the program Flo. Thanks for the heads up.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

That is a shame.

Thanks for letting us know.

Adam

I need a clean replacement with data feed!!!!!

Gene
    TCS

If you don't mind me asking....
    I've just today gone live with SaS and I'm wanting to try and learn from other's mistakes...so I can run a successful affiliate program from the merchant side.

What do you think might have been the problem with your program?
    Just curious was it the lack of sales only?
    Lack of affiliate response to your program?
    Lack of sales even though you had the affiliates?
    IT sounds like you had data feed dit that help to attract affiliates?
    What was your commision and cookie time?
    I love your product...so I'm curious.

As I said I just signed up and I'm working on data feed, We have quite a few banners up already and I'm working on incentives too! If you can offer any insights I'd appreciate it...Thanks.

Amy,

Your links page represents leaks away from your site and will be (is) a turn off for affiliates.

Gene
    TCS

Which links? Doah...is it the old CJ affiliates on there..I forgot all about those...OR is it all of them?
    Let me know I'll clean it up.

All the links on your links page can send traffic to other sites away from your site. The Artist Web Links page actually has an affiliate link on it. (Looking Glass Girl). The Online Sites that Carry my Jewelry page contains CJ affiliate links. The other links on that page are also leaks. That was fast. As I am writing this you have cleared the majority of leaks. Great move! I may be joining your program once you have data feed. The file sizes on most of your banners are way too large for practical use.

Gene
    TCS

Took all of the links down except for my featued friends and put up links to my blogs and forum instead. Is that going to work? Or do I need to take down the featued friends too? That one is a link group, so I'll have to request to be removed from it...if it is still a problem.

BTW...Thanks for pointing that out The Cool...you certainly are...cool that is!

The data feed I'm gonna need some help on from my My DH who does the big stuff on our site...as you saw I can fix the little things and quickly!

What size should be the max for banners? I'll get a few smaller ones up. I will get a honey do list together for DH as far as the data feed goes...and keep at him.

Might want to move these posts to your own thread somewhere ... or I guess get a mod to.

I'm off tomorrow for vacation...but I plan on doing an announcement of my program on Monday. I'll request to move these there! Thanks again.

It might be a good idea to remove the featured friends as they sale products.

Your buzz blog presents a major source of leaks. That could be solved by simply disabling the links to the products that have been given away.

Most banners would be best if the file size were smaller than 15K but can go up to 23k without taking too much time to load.

Gene
    TCS

Don't quite understand that last one. Links back to my own page from the buzz blog?

The products that you show were won have links to the source of the prize which is another web site removed from your own.

Gene
    TCS

ABW Ambassador
    Your links page
    One of those sites is using one of my graphics without linking back; they didn't even change the filename. I'm glad they liked it, but without a link back it's swiping.

Too bad, if they gave credit and wrote to tell they could have gotten a targeted one-way link from a legitimate crafts directory, giving a boost in s/e rankings - which is mainly (aside from crafts fairs) the way crafts/artisan sites get s/e rankings, traffic and sales- links, links, more links and networking - they all do.

Amazes me! Crafters and artisans are always the ones groaning in groups about copyright and their original designs getting used by others without permission.

Ok got it....
    I don't want to do too much back and forth here...I hate to hijack!!! I bring up more on Monday when I post my programs on the announcement board. I don't want to do it right before I leave town! I want to be available to field Q's. And fix things that need to be fixed.

Can you PM me which artist? I HATE copyright stealers! I'm moving away from the linking and into the affiliate way of doing things...so all these suggestions are VERY welcome.

I appreciate your help. See you again Monday.

Amy,

You are fast. You really don't need to remove the links on the images of products that are your own. Just those that lead away from your site.
    Thank you and I will be applying to join your program.

Gene
    TCS

Don't think that you will be able to get pms yet.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread