Im New and Need Help
    Im 18 years old and want to make some money, This affiliate thing do i make a website and just get payed per click? What is it that i exactly do? What do i make the website about? My intrests? Could somone guide me step by step in how to do affiliate marketing. I really want to make some money and am willing to work at it. But i am clueless and need some guidance. Please help, I appreciate it.

stay in school, go to college.

j/k ... sort of.

Seriously, if you want to learn, and are serious about this, then put some time into it to learn what it's about.
    No one is going to take time out of their day to baby step you through the entire process. They have their own businesses to run.
    Everything you need to know to get started is here. Spend a few days reading. Use the search function when you don't understand something. Spend some quality time in the acadmey section (you posted in it so you know where it is )
    read, read and read some more.
    Once you have the basics down, read some more and then ask more specific questions and you'll get some really good answers here.
    There have been a couple of good how to get started posts. Sorry, I don't remember what they are called off hand.
    Good luck and welcome to ABW.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    stay in school, go to college.

j/k ... sort of.

Seriously, if you want to learn, and are serious about this, then put some time into it to learn what it's about.
    No one is going to take time out of their day to baby step you through the entire process. They have their own businesses to run.
    Everything you need to know to get started is here. Spend a few days reading. Use the search function when you don't understand something. Spend some quality time in the acadmey section (you posted in it so you know where it is )
    read, read and read some more.
    Once you have the basics down, read some more and then ask more specific questions and you'll get some really good answers here.
    There have been a couple of good how to get started posts. Sorry, I don't remember what they are called off hand.
    Good luck and welcome to ABW.
    thanks but an you answer some of my simle questions like what stuff do you put on your website, like your intrests? How the hell do you even make a webiste. whats a merchant

ABW Ambassador
    what stuff do you put on your website
    You write stuff. You put text about whatever the subject of the website will be, it's better if it's something you are interested in or know something about. Want to do a site about pet products? Write about pets, then put up some links to merchants.

whats a merchant
    A merchant is someone who sells stuff - like a company that sells stuff on their website. An affiliate puts up affiliate links on their site and sends traffic to the merchant. If the stuff sells, the affiliate gets commission. That's how it works.

How the hell do you even make a webiste.
    Take a class or buy a book.

You'd have better luck here:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

Although there are some exceptions, that tends to be a forum that attracts younger people as well.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    >freewebspace

Just don't think you'll get any advice there on how to make money, or what programs are good or not to make money with.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    >freewebspace

Just don't think you'll get any advice there on how to make money, or what programs are good or not to make money with.
    They have an entire sub-forum dedicated to Ad Revenue

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/f...splay.php?f=19

Plus there are other sub-forums of interest besides the ones about free webspace
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

You might want to take a look at this:

http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    "whats a merchant"

You seriously don't know what a merchant is?

Welcome to ABW

I would suggest that you should take some time read through the topic in this forum. You can get a free web hosting or low cost hosting for under $10 per month. There are so many merchants are services who offer their products to link that you can disply on your website but the revenie is earned when someone will click on a link or buy a product through your website. In other words setting up a website is much easy but getting traffic on your website is real challenge.
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

Hi dbecks

How's it going? Have you checked out http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/

Do you know html? Have you checked your local and school libraries for books that can help you understand html coding?

You can write your code in notepad or wordpad or you can use an html editor.

Here is a list of WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editors some are freeware --I don't use any of those. I use Dreamweaver. Sometimes I open my pages in Wordpad.

Check out Webmonkey

Here are good tips for Developing a Web Site Plan

and here's some more tips for Planning Your Site

Getting started is the difficult thing, but take that first step and some day you won't be a newbie

~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

An easy way to get your feet wet (while you are learning to make your own website) is to start a blog at Blogger. You won't learn how to make a web page there, but you will get a feel of writing for the web.

Join Amazon.com and read there how to make product links. (they make it pretty easy for you) They have a wide variety of products and it's a good place to start.

Write about what you are interested in - then go take a look at Amazon for a product, book, movie, etc.. that goes along with it. Then add the link for someone to buy it.

Everyone has to start somewhere. If you really want to do this, give it a try and Good Luck!!
    Ebudae

Lightbulb
    dbecks (and any other newbies),

It helps to interact with us if you'd like to learn from us
    An interaction -- a give and take -- ask questions, give answers, offer perspectives, engage in conversation -- that type of thing

Ebudae's idea is a good one

If you'd prefer a site to a blog, or if you'd like to try your hand in making a regular website and/or a business/catalog/portal/"mall" go to the major search engines and do a search on layouts, free layouts, templates, free templates -- that sort of thing and don't forget to search places like http://del.icio.us/ and http://digg.com/

Try this site for free templates [there are many free template sites on the net, you have to find them ]
    http://www.freesitetemplates.com/templates/
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi

Just read your post

Your problem seems similar to this post

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=562017

However, you can perhaps check the below option

http://www.marketingaffiliater.com/affiliateadventure/

It might help you

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by dbecks
    thanks but an you answer some of my simle questions like what stuff do you put on your website, like your intrests? How the hell do you even make a webiste. whats a merchant

I Recommend you go buy a book that has everyone of your answers in .. yes it means paying.. but if you dont wish to pay for anything then forget having an online business your wasting your time..

Either get

Jeremy Palmers Book (quityourdayjob.com)

or

Rosalind Gardners Book (superaffiliatehandbook.com)

Both are downloadable online.. so you dont have to wait. and both answer all your questions.. Personally I recommend Jeremy Palmers book

You will get tips in this forum but you will also get a lot of people lying to you about how much they make and what you should do.. safe yourself time and energy go to the experts.. above.

The original poster is long gone:

Last Activity: April 18th, 2006 01:05 PM
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

The original poster is long gone:

Last Activity: April 18th, 2006 01:05 PM

----------------

Yeah, this is a big problem...

Someone starts a thread way back [maybe in 2005]........ but it just doesn't stop despite the fact that the person who started the thread, must have quit participating in it.... it becomes more like a name game.....

I reckon they should either lock such posts, or put a time-frame within which such posts are removed

Otherwise, they constantly keep showing up on the fist page.

In a way it is healthy, but it becomes boring to regular participants who put in his or her comments way back !

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread