Question Is there a way to see what your page rank is?
    Other than typing in the keyword you have and just seeing if your page comes up, is there any way to see how your site it doing? I don't have a clue how my site would be seen unless someone typed in its names (which of course they wouldn't need to do). How can I see how my site is ranking? I went through 900 links (find on IE, 100 links per page result) and didn't see my site at all with my keywords.

Thanks for any help.

CleverStat's Monitor for Google is what you need, bud.

Geno

I find the best way to know is with your traffic. If Google is sending traffic, you'll see it in your stats. You can check the keyword phrases people are using to find your site. If you aren't getting any traffic, you probably aren't placing for any traffic-generating keywords. I try not to spend much time looking at the Google results trying to find my site. I think you're better off spending time improving your site and harvesting new customers and links from different sources. As long as your site is good and your traffic is increasing you don't need to worry so much about Google's SERPs.

I've found the most effective way to get tons of Google traffic is to get your site mentioned on big news sites or blogs. Get some word of mouth traffic and try to get some press. If you can generate a buzz and get people talking about your site the Google traffic will come naturally. It's just not very effective to post your site to old link directories and sites that generate no real traffic. Google is getting smarter and they know when your site has hit the blogosphere.

Make an awesome site and you'll do great in Google.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

check out this site to find out google ranking
    http://www.googlerankings.com
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    "Is there a way to see what your page rank is?"

You can always install Google tool bar to see any page's rank.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

"How can I see how my site is ranking?"
    http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/

Type in your site name and some keywords and see how your site ranks for them.

If you're looking for small signs of progress (for motivation), I'd look for them at MSN and Yahoo instead of Google. I consider Google the delayed reaction SearchEngine.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    I consider Google the delayed reaction SearchEngine.
    LOL That is the understatement of the century!

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    "How can I see how my site is ranking?"
    http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/

Type in your site name and some keywords and see how your site ranks for them.

If you're looking for small signs of progress (for motivation), I'd look for them at MSN and Yahoo instead of Google. I consider Google the delayed reaction SearchEngine.
    Thanks. That tool is great. I was in google, but that's all.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually - no! There is no way to tell what your Google PageRank really is (except maybe right after a TB update and even then it could be a couple of weeks behind.

PR is updated internally constantly, so they know "on the inside" what it is, but for the toolbar it's only updated three or four times a year and represents a "snapshot" of what the PR was at some given point in time. That could be from last week, or it could be from 3 months ago, so what you see on the toolbar is usually nothing like what the PR might really be.

ABW Ambassador
    It's just not very effective to post your site to old link directories and sites that generate no real traffic.
    Meaning DMOZ, a link from there is still worth its weight in gold. Maybe *not* for Google, but Google is not the only crap game in town, and other engines can send traffic that's like spun gold for some market sectors.

Google is getting smarter and they know when your site has hit the blogosphere.
    Right - and they also didn't fall off the turnip truck about what's happening now with blogs. In addition to which, there are certain types of sites that just_don't_blog and they know exactly what's happening in all different markets. They've certainly got the data to know it, and enough PhD's to figure out which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Actually - no! There is no way to tell what your Google PageRank really is (except maybe right after a TB update and even then it could be a couple of weeks behind.

PR is updated internally constantly, so they know "on the inside" what it is, but for the toolbar it's only updated three or four times a year and represents a "snapshot" of what the PR was at some given point in time. That could be from last week, or it could be from 3 months ago, so what you see on the toolbar is usually nothing like what the PR might really be.
    I agree. This is why I neglected to mention the numeric PageRank that Google offers through it's Toolbar. I don't use the toolbar and seldomly check my PageRank. My biggest indicator is traffic. If you're getting traffic from Google, you're ranking well.

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Meaning DMOZ, a link from there is still worth its weight in gold. Maybe *not* for Google, but Google is not the only crap game in town, and other engines can send traffic that's like spun gold for some market sectors.
    You make a valid point there, but I don't think DMOZ is a good long term solution to free search engine traffic. I've had a DMOZ link for years and I've seen my traffic fluctuate just as much as any other site despite that. I think it'll become more meaningless as technology clouds it out.

- Scott

There are loads of online tools for finding pagerank, just search Google or go here:
    http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/pagerank-lookup/

If an update is in progress this shows PR on each datacenter, so if PR is updating and your site's PR has changed, for a while different datacenters will yield different results:
    http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/future-pagerank/

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread