Outsourced Program Manager
    Need some of you affiliates to assist me
    Hi all;

I hope this is ok to post..as want some feedback

I have been contacted about running an affiliate program for some sites and would like to know what you guys think. They are currently on direct track but as soon as i start ( if i do) will switch them over to SAS cause... well its the best....

Please let me know. one is adult education and the other is loans. They only market their own sites and their own stuff. take a look

www.degreelinks.com, www.eshopfirst.com

Thnaks
    Richard
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

DegreeLinks -- Not much to it. A zip code search, no matter what zip code, turns up the same handful of schools that are nowhere near where I live. 90210 turns up the same 4 or 5 that turn up when I use my own zip code. And then on that page there are several related search links that all take off to reports2006.com, as well as on the information form page.

eShopFirst -- Well, the "compare free quotes" links down the left side lead elsewhere. The "first picks" lead elsewhere. The links across the top lead elsewhere. Are those all tracked and credited? Not too sure how DT works, just asking. But they all go to different sites, I can't find anything that actually happens at eShopFirst.

Just my first observations.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

I opened them both and got a couple of instant crap popups. I usually look at every mortgage referral program available because if I ever find a really good one my life might be complete. I always remove any program that annoys me with pop ups and pop unders because if I'm annoyed, then my visiters are too.

Guysl
    Thanks, keep the comments rolling in, helps me to inform them and if they are serious they will change and I will feel better taken them on as a client and making sure that everyine gets the most out of the prgram.

BY the way both programs are Pay/lead and sale!
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Smile
    Hi, new to the forum and not up and running yet as a merchant planning to be online in July. I have a question which may seem dumb and don't think it warrants its own thread.

I am located in Australia and while I am wiling to ship to the US or UK the product and prices are primarily based around Aussie costs and needs ( items not generally avail in Oz ). I am going to include the shipping price in the final product price to make purchasing easier for my customer - however, I may be then paying commissions on postage as well? Can I delete the actual postage cost before paying my affiliates? if so how is this done? and how do I attract primarily Aust. and NZ links?

I will be working on a pay per sale basis.

thanks Susan

ABW Ambassador
    Susan, there's another forum here where that can be answered.

Richard, those popups on the first site (education one) are horrendous leaks. One of them has links to electronics places, and the other has these links on it - and more:

EDUCATION
    College
    Scholarships
    Trade School

DATING SERVICES
    Personal Ads
    Online Dating
    Local Singles

BEAUTY
    Makeup
    Hair Care
    Beauty Products

WEIGHT LOSS
    Diet Books
    Fitness Equipment
    Nutrition AUTO
    Comparison Sites
    Loans
    Car Search

COLLECTIBLES
    Dolls
    Sports Memorabilia
    Stamps

FOOD
    Health Food
    Cooking
    Recipes

TRAVEL
    Airlines
    Hotels
    Vacations
    All links. No one would dream of signing up or even looking into the site for a program like that with those kind of leaks.

Added:

Oh, about the popup with the electronics links - could this search be connected? It's not the identical name, but it's similar.

Something isn't right at all there. Why would a site like that have popups that look like what's on parked domains with PPC ads running if they're serious about sales.
    Last edited by webworker; April 23rd, 2006 at 07:16 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    eshopone looks to be an affiliate site. Aside from the popups and the homepage link going off the site (the one ON the page), this is on the bottom

Copyright 2005 eShopFirst. An Affiliate of Organ Worldwide LLC. All rights reserved.
    There's nothing substantial on that site.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by begabloomers
    I have a question which may seem dumb and don't think it warrants its own thread.
    It does warrant its own thread, since this one is about two specific merchants.

But...in short, the answer is, you have your cart pass the subtotal on to the tracking code. This may or may not be difficult, depending on how your cart works.

For further discussion on that and similar questions, try looking (and if your question isn't already answered, posting a new thread) in the Becoming A Merchant forum.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Guys thanks, I have decided to pass on this one and have passed on your valuable info.

Look for a new site that I will be runing very soon
    Hint it is Jewlery based and will have great merchandise, data feed, year cookies, good sliding scale commisisons and of COURSE be run on SAS
    Richard
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Smile
    Thanks Leader.

Hope it's the "jewelry based" I'm thinking of minus the leaks plus phone order tracking in place.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread