Does LS have a merchant referral programme?
    Anyone know if LinkShare has a merchant referral programme? i.e. where they pay the affiliate for referring them a happy new merchant?

I know most other networks and in-house vendors have this, but can't seem to find it on LinkShare's site or in their affiliate panel.

Thanks,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

It is good question. I have seen Linkshare Referral program but it is only to refer an affiliate.
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

You might want to talk to them directly. I would think they would be willing to pay a pretty penny for qualified leads.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Peter,
    We do not have a referral program for merchants, only for affiliates.

Ranae

That was kind of a fly by response, Ranae.

I think the question here is where is it and how does one sign up for it. I thought I'd try to be a little more helpful and go find it, as I know I was once signed up for it, but I can't find it anywhere. At the JOIN PROGRAMS screen I even tried typing in Linkshare in the search box and it came up empty.

Perhaps the problem is that I am already signed up for that program and therefore it does not appear as a potential new merchant.

(Yes, yes, folks, there was a time a few years ago when I was actively promoting LS to other merchants, but for those of you who are asking themselves, "Ron is promoting LS to other merchants?", NO, I do not do that at this time. I hope one day LS can rise above their current poor performance and support level so I can once again promote them, but certainly not now.)
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; April 20th, 2006 at 10:04 AM.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I'll pay you not to put those links up.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Peter,
    We do not have a referral program for merchants, only for affiliates.

Ranae
    Hi Ranae,
    I have come across this with some affiliate software vendors and personally can't recommend the ones that don't have their own affiliate programmes, so I'm just extending this to LS as a network but in the same business.

Can you shed some light on the reasons for not having an affiliate program for your own business, when the business you are in is essentially affiliate marketing? I assume LS wants new merchants - don't you want to pay for new merchants?

Thanks,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Peter,

While waiting for Ranae to clarify, I just wanted to add something. LS does have their own affiliate program, if you want to call it that. They call it the Linkshare Referral Program and if you send someone to LS via that link, you get a flat fee commission (sorry, can't recall what it is). You do have to sign up and be approved for it, however, as an affiliate. If you are a merchant (which may be what Ranae is eluding to) you would not be able to participate if I understand correctly.

Ranae's response makes it sound like this is not the case and does need a little more clarification so I can understand why you are confused by her response.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The LinkShare Referral program is for recruiting affiliates. Peter is wanting to recruit merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Really??? Too funny, here I thought it was for recruiting merchants like I do for CJ.

Well, I stand corrected.

(that now explains why I never recruited any merchants, I guess)
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thanks for the info 7-days but as MC correctly pointed out I am trying to help affiliate platform vendors get merchants. It's a funny question I know and I get the strangest answers sometimes from the vendors and also some networks who are so into the affiliate marketing business of "their" merchants, they can't fathom the concept of paying for a new customer themselves nor how to track it - when all the tracking is sitting right there in front of them

Ranae has contacted me privately so we'll see where it goes and I'll update the thread when appropriate.

Regards,
    Peter

ABW Ambassador
    SaS
    I think Share-A-Sale has a program for recruiting merchants.

The big draws back with SaS is that they report the EPC for a merchant and force payments in advance. If this company intends to kite payments or have an absurdly low EPC, they would do better with Linkshare.

I promised to update this thread and although LS doesn't have a merchant referral programme we have arranged a review of LS on our site. Let me know with a PM if there's any errrors and we'll get them corrected.

Now we're working on getting a major European network listed...

Regards,
    Peter

might be good for them to look into having one
    companies like gotoast.com have it and it has worked well for them
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread