Outsourced Program Manager durkp's Avatar
    WeShipBabyGifts.com- note of apology and improvements to the site
    As a new CJ advertiser, we're always open to input from our affiliates and prospective affiliates. Our desire was to get the CJ program up and running as quickly as possible, but it has been pointed out that in so doing we have not made WeShipBabyGifts.com as affiliate friendly as it can be. We apologize we did not catch this prior to our program launch.

In response to the thread previously posted, all 3rd part search engine ads have been removed from our site.

Several comments have been made about our inclusion of the 1-800 number on our pages, and while affiliates are worried about losing sales to people calling directly to our office, we have discovered something different altogether. People calling our office from the website typically ask for a clarification of the contents of the gift baskets or on how the personalization of the items is ordered. Virtually all return to the website to complete the orders, in fact they are encouraged to do so by our staff.

We are also looking into a way to incorporate the affiliate ID into some sort of promotional code that would be mentioned by a customer placing a phone order. Using this we could then manually credit the affiliate in CJ. If anyone is aware on how to do this, please post to this thread or email me via private post at weshipbabygifts@eaccountable.com. I will be contacting CJ customer support for them to provide some examples of sites that have done so.

Most importantly, by including the 1-800 number on our site, sales conversions have increased dramatically as people are reassured that WeShipBabyGifts.com is a real business. This means more sales for affiliates as well.

I look forward to more feedback and comments.
    Durk Price
    Affiliate Manager for WeShipBabyGifts.com

Good for you!!

Sounds like you have great communication and are looking to build a successful affiliate program. Hope you avoid "parasite"ville - that will make ABW'ers really happy and onboard with your program.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Thanks for the input. We want to build a strong and long lasting program. Communication is essential. Thanks again. Durk Price

Kudos to WeShipBabyGifts.com for listening to its affiliates.

Now, this is the kind of merchant with whom I like working.

Communication and willingness to adapt is key to success in affiliate marketing.

ABW Ambassador
    Good for you, Durk!

Now, all you need is being able to link to specific pages; and what would be very, very nice is some individual product links. A product showcase creator with static, crawlable links would be lovely.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Thank you Durk!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

We've have enabled the URL redirects in CJ, does this not work if I were to give you my best selling items?

ABW Ambassador
    We've have enabled the URL redirects in CJ, does this not work if I were to give you my best selling items?
    Waiting on approval (now that the major leaks are gone or being dealt with), will have a look-see when the linking is available to check out.

Sounds great. I just approved everyone in queue, you should see the approval any time now.

ABW Ambassador
    Just checked - nope, the text links aren't showing URL redirects.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Still too many problems for me:

I clicked on the annoying drop down banner which says:

Your Instant $5 Savings! Save Now On:

- Personalized Baby Gifts
    - Unique Baby Gifts
    - Baby Shower Gifts

Get Your $5.00
    Instant Savings Now!
    Your privacy is important to us. Your email address will never be sold, rented or leased.
    I was suprised to find out I just joined the "Friends Club"

Thank you very much for joining the WeShipBabyGifts.com Friends Club!
    No one told me that in advace.

And...

only AFTER I join and gave my name and email do they tell me that I'm required to spend $40 this month to get it:

As a special gift from us to you, here's a $5.00 off coupon good for any baby gift purchases over $40.00 made this month.
    And...

the annoying drop down Instant $5 window still pops even AFTER you "join"

Your Instant $5 Savings! Save Now On:

- Personalized Baby Gifts
    - Unique Baby Gifts
    - Baby Shower Gifts

Get Your $5.00
    Instant Savings Now!

Name
    Email

Your privacy is important to us. Your email address will never be sold, rented or leased.
    Finally, the Welcome email I received lists the toll free number SIX times!

too deceptive for me to send my visitors to

Also, I'm guessing the owner is really a stay-at-home-mom who made a "merchant site" - but is really just associated with other REAL merchants. I'll just show ONE quick example:

http://www.weshipbabygifts.com/train-bank.html

This is a JDS product. Affiliates know them as agiftpersonalized at Shareasale

http://agiftpersonalized.com/entrainban.html

WeShipBabyGifts raised the price 8 bucks - which since this item shows up zillions of times in a search engine result - people will click on the $26 item, not the $35 item

And they only offer 10% for the same item the actual manufaturer offers 20-30% commish.

No incentive at all to promote this company.
    Last edited by Billy Kay; April 20th, 2006 at 06:58 PM. Reason: (put in the wrong link)

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Also, I'm guessing the owner is really a stay-at-home-mom who made a "merchant site" - but is really just associated with other REAL merchants. I'll just show ONE quick example:

http://www.weshipbabygifts.com/train-bank.html

This is a JDS product. Affiliates know them as agiftpersonalized at Shareasale

http://agiftpersonalized.com/entracban.html

WeShipBabyGifts raised the price 8 bucks - which since this item shows up zillions of times in a search engine result - people will click on the $26 item, not the $35 item

And they only offer 10% for the same item the actual manufaturer offers 20-30% commish.

No incentive at all to promote this company.
    Good work, Billy. Thanks!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

http://agiftpersonalized.com/entrainban.html

I had changed the link in my post above to the correct train bank - but it just changed the part that shows in the post - the underlying link wasn't changed. here's the actual link

but having your 800 number FIVE times on the main page is not a worry? At least just post it once like every other site! If not for leaks to protect the customer from being ANNOYED! Just a thought!

Internet Cowboy
    Durk,
    You are on the right track, but if you try to pull one over on this crowd you will not be treated very well. This crowd can make your program or crumble it.
    Best of luck!

Hi Durk,

as you can see from the response here affiliate marketing is serious business for many of us. It is a great way for both parties to make good money as long as both sides play by the rules.

Many of us here have been in this business for many years and have gone thru the 'school of hard knocks', and I don't blame you for not being that experienced. I would have expected though that you would have done a bit more homework besides just signing up with CJ. From your response above I deduce that you are willing to make this work, that's a good start.

A good way for you to get up to speed is to get in touch with Andy, one of the experienced members here who specializes in advising affiliate programs. He has a thread http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81.
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

As a SAHM/WAHM more power to you, but please read the above comments, as the members of this forum can teach you a lot.

As a side note, I know another SAHM who sells her items through this site. I never realized it until today. It is a great opportunity for her, but not for us affiliates

ABW Ambassador
    There are products I could use that I don't currently have any merchant for at all, so if phone tracking is put in I'm OK with it. Having phone tracking is one of the signs of good faith that I usually look for.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread