Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OOoooo Dr Jay's is P!ssed!!
    Anyone else get a copy of the letter to Jeff Pullen?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I did...

ABW Ambassador
    so do i!!!!!! interesting stuff....

I am cluelees. Nothing knew though.

ABW Ambassador
    Post it

I was hovering around to see if anyone would mention it They're pissed.

Here's a snippet from the email:

Several of our publishers received the following response from CJ
    representatives regarding their commissions for the month of April:

"Unfortunately, at this point it looks like drjays.com does not have sufficient
    funds in their account to payout their publishers"

Further investigation showed that, per CJ policy, we needed to have a positive
    account balance at a vaguely defined time between the 10th or 20th of each
    month, despite our funding our account three times per month. In the event that
    our account balance was negative when CJ’s payout script began to run (a time
    completely unknowable to the advertiser), CJ would withhold all commissions and
    performance incentives, including commissions/incentives from past months for
    which money was already paid to CJ. As if this wasn’t enough, not only was CJ
    falsely telling our publishers that we couldn’t pay, but did so before the
    payout script even began to run.

CJ’s use and endorsement of such a woefully archaic, simplistic, and
    dysfunctional payout process severely debilitates the business and interests of
    advertisers and their publishers. The only possible explanation for such a
    system is that it allows CJ to hoard funds while deflecting any commission
    inquiries to the fault of the advertiser. CJ’s insistence that an
    “Access” account ought be self-maintained is impossible when advertisers are
    not even apprised of the exact time that funds are required. Our only available
    assurance of commission/incentive payout is to ceaselessly deposit funds into
    our account.

ABW Ambassador
    Alright I got it. I admire a merchant that would not only send it to Jeff but all their affiliates too I remember another merchant sending an email, not quite like that one, but along the same lines and CJ gave them the boot. Wonder what will happen.
    Last edited by Trust; April 21st, 2006 at 03:14 PM.

15 years and counting
    So a merchant is accused of not paying their affiliates (with an account founded 3 times a month)
    and others don't pay their affiliates for more than 4 months and are still active at CJ.
    I'll like Jeff Pullen to answer this one.

I think e-mailing this to affiliates is completely inappropriate -- does anyone else agree?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't. CJ tried to put it on Dr. Jays when, according to the email, it was on CJ. How do you feel about that? Do you think it's right for CJ to put the blame where it didn't lie? And that's a merchant telling their partners what was happening. I wish more merchants did that. Partners. It the 3rd party did something that could possibly hurt that relationship, I want to know about it.

Complaining to CJ about CJ?

Why bother? All they'll get in return is double talk and talk to the wall and a warm squirt of weasel water for good measure.

Apparently the rats out there in SB haven't all abandoned ship yet.

Dr Jays sounds like a prime candidate for migration to a network that won't jack up the merchants and their affiliates simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    So a merchant is accused of not paying their affiliates (with an account founded 3 times a month)
    and others don't pay their affiliates for more than 4 months and are still active at CJ.
    I'll like Jeff Pullen to answer this one.
    I haven't been paid in 6 months and a merchant is still active

"I haven't been paid in 6 months and a merchant is still active"

Maybe that merchant gets special favors for favoring special friends.

But damn...As a company, how you gonna screw two parties and not just one...lol

That was a scathing letter...How does CJ spin this?

15 years and counting
    I'll be worried. Last time I waited more than 4 months, I had to give up $600. It's not much, but I could have used these links for a better merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWires
    "I haven't been paid in 6 months and a merchant is still active"

Maybe that merchant gets special favors for favoring special friends.
    I found out p[art of the debacle...This one company has two accounts...One account makes CJ money and is paid on time. The other account isn't nearly as popular and unpaid to the folks who did put in work.

I think CJ is scared of expiring one account for fear the lucrative account might pull out of CJ.

But today I got an email from the merchant that the account that is in arrears is getting pulled from CJ by the merchant, not CJ. Looks like they are trying to get that off CJ and run without paying their balance. *******s

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    OOoooo Dr Jay's is P!ssed!!
    I was coming here to post the email - very interesting!

I recieved this email also, would say it was the best one all week. I do think it was appropriate for Dr Jays to send it to affiliates, after all they are funding thier account and CJ is making them look bad to thier affiliates. Why should they not defend themselves? I wish more merchants whould expose the problems at CJ, it might make them fix the problems. Write a book CJ exposed, I'd buy a copy.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

"Write a book CJ exposed, I'd buy a copy."

You coulda got it for free, but the author has been banned from this forum.

I just don't understand WHY CJ seems to not respect the affiliate marketer???

They should be kissing our asses and looking out for our best interests 100% of the time!!!

They need account reps like my account reps with Partner Weekly and Azoogleads. My reps stay up with me constantly and are always looking out for me...

it seems that DrJ has failed to project the commissions required in thier account. Sending this to affilaites before resolution is less than professional.

For CJ to be holding funds for the first of three months after it has been more than paid is _____ (choose your own word)

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    it seems that DrJ has failed to project the commissions required in thier account. Sending this to affilaites before resolution is less than professional.
    Agreed.

But at least they aren't extending sales then reversing those extended sales 3 months later (a nice little shell game) to keep 3/5 slots and a decent EPC without actually paying anything to affiliates.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    SAS autodeposit would have avoided this problem, the blame game and lots more.

Dump CJ and move to SAS! SAS would never place blame on a parter - an affiliate or merchant - for something they did.

SAS engages affiliates here at ABW - not just lip service either - the President/CEO of SAS is a regular poster here at ABW. And he comes here, asks us what we want, then delivers it.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    Sending this to affilaites before resolution is less than professional.
    So the merchant should just ignore CJ tarnishing their image with their affiliates?

Professional behavior needs decorum on both sides of the partnership. Once CJ started tossing mud on the merchants name to those affiliates by saying Dr. J was at fault, I say the gloves must come off.

Merchants work HARD to recruit and motivate affiliates. Hearing from the network that you aren't paying your bills is the nearly worst thing that can be done to the merchant - especially when it's not the truth of things.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Wades in...

Our only available
    assurance of commission/incentive payout is to ceaselessly deposit funds into
    our account.
    Isn't that what they're supposed to do anyway? Always have the commissions covered?

Sounds like they tried to make a payment at the last minute, missed it, and are now trying to make like it's all CJ's fault.

Suuure they should go to SAS. So they can go OFFLINE the second their account runs out of dough! Ha ha

IMO their complaints are just the typical deadbeat, debtor-mentality whining that happens when a creditor finally pins 'em down and makes 'em pay. The creditor (CJ in this case) is always the no good sonofa*****, how dare they want their money now etc etc etc. The fact that CJ's payment script runs within a (easily predictable) window instead of dead-on a set day, is just a bonus for Dr. Jay's because it's something they can latch onto to make their complaints seem legit.

Chances are they have some kind of whine about all their bills (utilities, mortgage, car payment, credit cards). Broke-mentality debtors somehow manage to always act like it's the creditor's fault that they're in debt in the first place!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast