OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Zibus/SimpleRebates/Easyrefunds are fraudsters
    I just busted http://zibus.com/ which sold an unsuspecting victim a $5000 dropship program. It turns out that they recommended posting our products on Ebay and when the product was sold they were to order through their web login to http://zibus.com/ which ran the order through http://www.SimpleRebates.com/ or http://www.easyrefunds.com

We provide free shipping for orders above $50 but they are advising to charge the Ebay customer shipping fees. Then they say they will rebate back the seller up to 20% which is double our commission so they are completely scamming.

The order got busted by our fraud department when they inquired about the dropshipping schedule. Only we don't dropship. Furthermore, they include many of our top brands who don't dropship.

This was done while I was the AM at Backcountry
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; March 14th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Good bust.

Although I wouldn't give these sites free backlinks.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Want to see who's monitizing this rippoff with template sites for rebate/incentive scammers? http://www.irebates.net/merchantpartners.html Oh lookie lookie with Overstock right in the middle of the primo BHO supporters.

Their sister or satellite sites just hawk the 700 merchants seeking cookie cannons.
    http://www.simplerebates.com/showcat...estTimeOut=500

The Zibus drop shipping spin artist just enhanced the phoney opportunity with a ponzi scheme and eBay carrot. You can bet the cookie stuffers and SEO spammers just love these template incentive sites for hire.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks Mike, clean on both accounts.

Chuck your a credit to this industry and I'm sure your merchant partners.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; June 1st, 2006 at 01:24 AM.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

This from another forum:

Same guy new website

Difference : 7-14K for access
    http://simplx.com/

Same Merchants different website -- Same Thief

Posted by: SandraR at May 2, 2006 11:36 AM

LOL the guy running Revenews got taken for the $5,000 Zibus fee even with all the warnings.

Same scam just different hype and URLs.
    1 DIGITALDROPSHIP.COM.
    2 IREBATES.NET.
    3 MALLSHARE.COM.
    4 SIMPLX.COM.
    5 THEWINNERZCIRCLE.COM.
    6 ZIBUS.COM.

http://www.simplicitymanagementgroup.com/
    Last edited by ecomcity; May 2nd, 2006 at 07:49 PM.

Simplx owner contacted me
    I came across this forum while researching Simplx,
    aka Simplicity Group LLC, iRebates etc. I have been
    doing an independent "expose" on this company and
    must be having an effect because the owner has
    opened a dialog with me and is divulging publicly many
    of his "product's" tactics. I don't want to put a link on
    my first post so let me know if you think a link to my
    story would be useful, or email me directly.

In a nutshell he admits a $3500+ participation fee and
    that the company is an affiliate commission middleman
    and not a true drop shipper.

Cheers,
    J Andrew Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by jandrew
    I came across this forum while researching Simplx,
    aka Simplicity Group LLC, iRebates etc. I have been
    doing an independent "expose" on this company and
    must be having an effect because the owner has
    opened a dialog with me and is divulging publicly many
    of his "product's" tactics. I don't want to put a link on
    my first post so let me know if you think a link to my
    story would be useful, or email me directly.

In a nutshell he admits a $3500+ participation fee and
    that the company is an affiliate commission middleman
    and not a true drop shipper.

Cheers,
    J Andrew Morrison
    Andrew, did you get anymore on this? I have spoken too many people at simplx and I am moving ahead with them. They do have programs that are much cheaper than $3500, while you get less training, they range from $200 - $1200. I just got started and I will post further as I learn more.

Dak

Hi Dak,

I hope it works out for you but honestly don't see how it can. They
    do not have products, only affiliate agreements, or at least that's
    where it stood when I stopped investigating. Here is a link to my
    last post on the subject. It has a link to another post where the owner
    of Simplx describes how the business really works. It is his words
    that lead me to the conclusion that Simplx is a money losing proposition.

http://simplerants.wordpress.com/200...to-you-posted/

Note the $3500 is the minimum for FULL access to the ALL the products
    and some services.

After reading the posts find out for yourself what I know is true.

1. You can do this yourself without Simplx. Look at affiliate offers
    through Commission Junction and do the math on preselling one
    of those products factoring in coupons, affiliate commission and
    a marked up shipping and HANDLING charge.

2. Realize that you will have to drive traffic to your products so you
    might as well not bother with the presell and just take the commissions.
    It's a lot less hassle and removes all the questions about who is expected
    to handle customer service.

Good luck any way you choose.

Cheers,
    John

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dak142
    I am moving ahead with them. They do have programs that are much cheaper than $3500, while you get less training, they range from $200 - $1200. I just got started and I will post further as I learn more.
    My condolences on your decision / loss.

Dak, take a look at Doba.com if you are interested in drop shippers. A friend of mine just took over as their AM and they seem to be above board.

I would agree Doba is an upfront company but I found it impossible to find a profitable product, even for off eBay sales. I have talked to those who claim to have made profits using eBay but they don't share what product(s) they hawk; only that they are niche products.

So, use the free trial and look for niche products; stay away from electronics as it is a complete waste of time.

Personally I use the Worldwide Brands Dropship Directory and Light Bulk Wholesale Directory. They've hooked me up with a few good suppliers.

I also use Dropship Direct. They are very similar to Doba but there is no monthly fee.

Good Luck Again.

ABW Ambassador
    Someone just asked about this on an email group and the reply was a quote from a "testimony" on Ebay:

Simplx or Club Dropship scam

This company goes under both names. They draw you in with lies. They claim that their prices are wholesale and that you get discounts, rebates, and shipping you can earn. This is a lie. The discounts are on retail prices. They boast they have companies like Wal-mart, etc, the big guys, but the discount is only 8% off of retail. Most of the companies listed are only 2% off of retail, not wholesale. You can buy any of their products cheaper on ebay. The problem is that they dont let you see an example of what they offer until after you pay so you are taking someones word for it. I asked for a refund and the CEO, Jake, promised that it would be put through the next day. When I didn't see it, I called and they told me that the refund had been denied and that Jake wont talk to me. This company is a scam. DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME!!!!!!
    More here

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for sharing webworker. Thanks to someone posting on ABW about some similar scam, I was able to stop my aunt from becoming involved with one of these shady businesses.

ABW Ambassador
    That link isn't working, it's apparently dynamic URLs; so here's the search that brings a working links

Google search results

Don't do it, while I did learn alot about marketing, and how to do research, it was SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard to make money. I kept at it until I broke even then I ran like crazy. The only reason I broke even was because I was selling through the christmas season. I would be gald to reveal their whole scheme if anyone is interested. But like I said, the training was good, but the concepts for making money were not all that sound.

Dak

I moved this to a more appropriate forum and will delete their bogus new program announcement from last year. Thanks everyone!

Middlemen and Scammers
    It’s sad but true. There are SO many people / companies out there who are in it for a quick buck. Here at WorldwideBrands.com we receive calls on a daily basis from customers who have been scammed. Either they were charged thousands of dollars for a useless list of “Wholesale Suppliers” or they joined a “Wholesale” site that charges them a monthly fee only to find that they aren’t able to make a profit on anything that they try to sell because they are purchasing from a Middleman. A Middleman is someone who is posing as a Wholesale supplier, only they get their goods from the True Supplier, mark up the price and sell it to you, the retailer at “Wholesale”, so in a sense they are steeling your profits.

Be careful not to make the same mistake that those unfortunate people have made. Make sure that you are working with a legitimate Wholesaler or Distributor. Here's a hint, if the supplier does not ask you for your Sale Tax ID the chances are they are not a legitimate supplier.

Also, to get the best price from a supplier we suggest getting straight to the source; develop a relationship with the supplier. Remember that the first price you get won’t necessarily be the bottom price. Once you develop a relationship, and the supplier has seen that you have become a steady, reliable customer you will begin to see your purchase price decrease.

Here is a link to the Worldwide Brands Scam Watch page. I hope that you find it useful.
    Last edited by ColleenD; March 18th, 2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: HTML editing

Just check something basic.
    Goto http://www.simplicitygroup.com/contact/index.cfm

Click on their address link to Google Maps.

Zoom in on their address. Click on street view. Click on the little 'You Are Here' man icon.

Does that little house in the middle of Utah Lake farmland look like the skyscraper on The Simplicity Group's Website? Didn't think so.

Spending thousands of dollars on an internet company?

1. Call directory assistance and ask for the company's phone number and address.

2. Check with the Secretary of State. Is the business entity legitimate and current. Check the address. Check the names listed. Do they match what the website says?

3. Check address with Google Maps. Look at the building. Does the building look like a successful company's building should look like?

4. Additionally you could check the address with the county recorder's office. Maybe it's a skyscraper or maybe it's and old farmhouse.

If they make it past these simple, free and easy checks, you might actually want to continue with your due diligence. References, BBB, websites like this one, etc. etc. etc.

cyborg

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread