Affiliation terminated
    Hi all,

One of the advertisers sent me a mail stating that my affiliation would be expired in the next six days and the same happened. I tried to rejoin, but my application was declined. I tried to contact that particular advertiser thru CJ mail, personal mail and also thru chat, but I did not get a reply from that advertiser.

Can I name the advertiser here??

Can anyone tell me if such a thing has happened to anyone??

Is there any means of myself rejoining that advertiser affiliate program???

Of note, previously I received a mail stating the same, but I was able to rejoin, but now the scene has completely changed. I have been performing good with that advertiser, I do not know for what reason they terminated me??

Wishes,
    Indianaff.

Internet Cowboy
    My guess is that you are doing something either against the rules or against their particular rules.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Then again, sometimes it's just some yo yo who decides to "clean house" and get rid of all the affs who haven't made X sales in X months.

Or you do PPC and they mis-think that they can do the same thing themselves, cheaper.

Or their program is about to die, but they want to have the "last word" so they fire everybody on the way out.

ABW Ambassador
    I had a merchant who wanted to terminate the partnership unless sales were increased dramatically. I did everything they asked (which in my opinion was ridiculous, given their product), and did not increase enough to satisfy them.

I gladly wave goodbye to the micro-managing. It's one thing to have a good working relationship with the AM. It's another thing entirely when they ask (and expect) too much.

Merchants have various rules about websites, sales and performance, restricted keywords, affiliate home country etc. Some of the merchants approve by default, and then go through the profiles to weed out the non compliant affiliates.

Check the fine prints of the merchants agreement - or you can send a mail asking for a reason - doubtful if you get anything back except for the standard response.

if there were any foul play the end of the affiliation would have been immediate.

Best thing to do is take down all the links in place and then ask why the affiliation was terminated if it doesn't seem like anything is wrong. It seems to happen to most affiliates from time to time. Sometimes they are closing their programs, sometimes they are "making changes to the affiliate program" It doesn't always make sense but best to just move on if the AMs don't respond

Can anyone tell me if such a thing has happened to anyone??
    If you feel sad because of that, just do a search here on ABW for the same title that you have posted on this thread. (Affiliation terminated)

You will feel better later.

Btw, I have a merchant somewhere waiting for me to accept them back , and those are the kind of pending my approval applications that I enjoy the most.

Same here I got my first affialite termination notice. Feels weird like I was rejected or something.

I actually pulled my campaign days ago (a week?) since it was not converting well. Their commissions should be at least double for me to make a profit...go figure....

I have also had merchants terminate me because even though I was making money for them, my EPC was low, this giving them a lower profile in the CJ interface.

I have also seen merchants that terminate all of their affiliates just before shutting down thier program.

ABW Ambassador
    People are Strange, When You're a Stranger
    I suspect that most of the time the declines are the result of internal politics at the company, or it is the result of the web site moving to a new network. I once had a merchant decline me because my site appeared higher than their's on a Google search. (They then went through a long period of time where their chief competitor appeared above them on that particular search).

Getting terminated no longer chaffes my skin. In most cases, I was able to improve things after the termination.

ABW Ambassador
    I got an email from a CJ merchant several days ago saying that since I'd been inactive (true), I was among those who would be terminated from the program the 12th of June, and asking folks to respond back if there was a mistake.

I responded back that it would be a mistake in my case since I had a domain name dedicated to the topic, but was involved with (named activities) and that his topic at the moment wasn't on the top priority list to complete the site's content and launch live with merchants. And that if he felt it best, go right ahead, since there are perfectly fine alternatives with (2 other networks named).

I've been taken off the termination list.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    In the past 18 months, I have been terminated by around 28 merchants. It's either because they are closing shop or lack of sales on my part. About 40% of the time, I email back to the ones for lack of sales and get another offer.

With over 400 merchants, losing a few is not much of a concern for me. One less to keep updated.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Gamefly sent a temination notice today.

Fortunately, they're on every CPA network under the sun... so just had to swap out links.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Gamefly sent a temination notice today.
    Gee, when I received the termination notice from Gamefly I took it personally.
    I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one to receive such a notice
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

This Today
    Hammacher Schlemmer
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread