Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Too cute!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

It is cute but I still wouldn't trust my littlest one with a dog that size even if he were my most trusted lifelong pet. One innocent love bite could puncture a temple er sumthing...actually one innocent pawing and that kid would have a nasty bruise/scratch.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    That's a *huge* dog!

I thought it was very cool that he could be so gentle with the kid. Most dogs I see are much less precise.

I wonder if he was trained to do that, though. "How to tickle a kid" sure doesn't seem like innate knowledge...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

LOL, I want that dog, somebody send me an affiliate link!!!

A dog? I thought that was a horse...

Goodness, if this dog inhales a bit fast the kid is gone.

I'm definitely with Suz on NOT having my kids get close to one of those.
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

Rather irresponsible. A "misplaced" paw or tooth could blind the child, or cause other damage. Looks like a serious accident just waiting to happen.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I tend to be more trusting of big dogs and pets around babies in general. I think they instinctually know the baby is "family" and would be extra careful around a tiny one.

When my first daughter was born, I put her on the floor the day we brought her home so my cats could get to know her. I had one cat who seriously disliked kids and we were worried how he'd react. He ended up being her best protector. He'd guard her crib and anyone who went into her room had to deal with him first. If she was running a fever he would run out of her room crying for us to check on her. He was amazing and never hurt her, although he had hurt other little kids before.

The big guy in this video was so cool. He realized his nuzzling was making the baby happy so he just kept doing it. :-) Don't think he was trying to "tickle" the baby per se.

I think big dogs can be very sweet if they're raised gently and with respect. It's the big dogs who are raised to be mean that are a problem. Mostly, their owner are the problem.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I believe dogs know how to be gentle also BUT speaking from personal experience:

My husbands parents(my kids grandparents) had a large dog an airedale that was just over a year old.

We were all cohabitating for a few months while our new house was being finished(few months past the promised delivery date) My kids were 1 1/2 and 3 yrs old. The dog was generally good around the kids but did not realize her strength at times and pawed and severely scratched and bruised my kids on 2 seperate occasions.

After that the dog became very snippy and had grabbed a car out of my sons hand and almost took his hand with it. My kids are very good around pets and never teased or chased. We taught them very early on to be quite and gentle when getting to know a dog.

Well we came to find out the dog had cancer and was in pain and eventually had to be put down. If we weren't constantly watching their interaction I'm not sure what may have happened with the trusted family pet.

As much as I would like to say I trust a family pet with a small child I just can't. You NEVER know what will trigger a dog do use its strength playful or not.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Very cute ,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    My brother has a scar on his cheek from just such an incident when he was a child (it is not all that noticeble 35 years later) but it is still there.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread