Synergy Analytics Question For Link Share Moderator.
    I have a question regarding a link share statistic I occassionally make use of:

Go to next message

In the individual Items report of the old system :

Go To Next Message

I am able to get the time of a transaction as well as the date. Is it possible to get the times as well as date, in the synergy analytics reports:

Go to Next message.

Also would it be possible to combine all of the "prompts" in running the reports on to a single page. The "prompts" method of navigation is silly and time consuming.

Thanks for your reply.

LOL !
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Great way...
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

...to demonstrate...
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

...how stupid...
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

...the multiple pages of prompts are!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I wish I could make a revolving arrow appear for for 20 seconds before you could read this post.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Stats Addict,
    Clever communication. There is an Individual Item Report in SynergyAnalytics under the Network Transaction Analysis Tab, select Traditional Reports, Individual Item Report, and select your prompts.

The Individual Item report gives you the date of the transaction, not the time.

Ranae

What he's saying is that the Individual Item report in the traditional reports DOES give the full timestamp. Synergy Analytics just gives the date.

I know I find the timestamp useful. When you have merchants where you're generating 100 or more transactions a day, looking for gaps can help identify some types of tracking/reporting problems.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael Is Exactly Right
    I will assume the answer to my question is that the full timestamp info is not available in synergy analytics.

I am not sure who comprises the Linkshare affiliate group who tests the changes to affiliate reports, but they miss alot. For instance even if SA hypothetically adds some functionality, it is certainly at the cost of losing other functionality, like the timestamp. Likewise when Sub_id was dropped, "signature" reporting was promoted as being a redundant system. Without getting into a long tome, it is certainly not redundant. Much functionality was lost.

These changes never seem to be in response to affiliate requests. I just think that Linkshare should work on fixing whats broke. And stop "fixing" whats not broke.

In the meanwhile

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Any Linkshare stats pro ever figure out where the GoldenCan click stats show up for Sierra Trading Post, Easy Click travel and Overstock? 45,000 GoldenCan page views from my site's pages and I'm lost as finding any clicks or sales attributed to that traffic.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    stats addict - I am not sure who comprises the Linkshare affiliate group who tests the changes to affiliate reports, but they miss alot.
    I'm not sure either, but I'm not going to blame them. LinkShare is known for asking other people opinion but doing only what they want. It's time for them to recognize it's doesn't work, and to bring back the old functionalities.

I think the field is actually still there, but just not being displayed in its entirety.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread