Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am SO PISSED at CJ! Commission Payment Delayed One Month.
    Well, I did not get paid this month. Just got of the phone and guess what? I'm not getting paid until the payment cycle next month because I did not have a fricken W-9 updated (of which I never got a request).

Just got off the phone and I am steaming mad. Anyone tell me who I need to call at CJ to go above customer support? They were very nice, but this is just too much to believe. I have been with them for five years and my information has not changed, everything is correct (they checked while I was on the phone), but my income is being withheld due to no fault of mine.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Oh hell no...

CJ is officially shady now.

This is completely unacceptable.

did they happen to mention why it had to be updated?

So phriggin lame...Im pissed as hell myself and am expecting some sort of lamo bs here as nothing they are saying is making any sense.

I can't belive that crap. In the worst all they would of had to do is get one from you and send it out...not extend it another month. complete crap.

Them pulling this crap is going to effect allot of people in an adverse way.

That is so low...too low. If the same thing befalls me, For what it's worth, Im going to write to my top merchants and let them know that even though they have paid, CJ is playing lamo games to hold back money....or something to that effect. In the least let them know that their trusted go-between is acting in a very untrusting way.

They dont pay us our dues and bonuses to have CJ take it out as a free loan.

I find it odd no one has a record of receiving these "tax form update" notifications....Yet oddly now it's the most common instamatic justification.

What a crock.

What in the hell is really going on?

So basically everyone who has not got paid needs to call CJ to find out what their lame excuse is for not getting paid.....

This is phriggin baby games.

Sounds like CJ ran out of money to pay affiliates and took all the unpaid people and lumped them into a ficticious "W-9 situation".

Same thing happened to me. Didn't get the "emailed request" for the W9 update they claimed to have mailed out. Really needed that money this week and what's worse is not knowing it would be delayed until I called.

4 years with CJ and nothing has changed on my information, they have never asked for an updated W9 before so why now?

Pissed? You bet!

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, that is messed up. If nothing changed from the prior month when you did get paid, you should get your money.

"Sounds like CJ ran out of money to pay affiliates and took all the unpaid people and lumped them into a ficticious "W-9 situation".

What a great cover story...What nerve. Like why is it that everyone claims to have never recieved this notification?

Why in the hell did they simply come clean and say they are out of the money that was paid to them to pay us?

Do they really think their merchants will all buy this "w-9" crap?

and then think how they are really having you go thru the process of completing a new form for no other reason than to entertain this garbage...what nerve.

Now you can't help but wonder what they are going to tell you next month?

This is screwed up. period.

They dug it too deep. Someone with some balls needs to come clean now and stop this stupid parade because it's completely unbelievable anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe some merchants can check on this. They usually have a better chance at getting something out of them. Plus it affects your partners.

*sigh*

I am going to call CJ at the first of the month to make sure my W-9 situation is correct so I can be paid on time...

I swear...CJ has been making me real nervous lately...Lots of unexplained thing things going on...This takes the cake!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am really beginning to wonder if that merchant who supposedly hasn't paid in 6 months who CJ won't expire is really in arrears?

I saw that Todd dude peeping this thread.

Why don't you create an alias and post through an anonymous proxy and give us the 411.

Someone needs to get a source deep inside the bowels of CJ to see WHAT'S REALLY going on...

ABW Ambassador
    That sucks, but the reasons for it being thrown around here are a little ludicrous.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, ValueClick has no shortage of money. Their behavioral targeting thing is working out great too:
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060424/20060424005585.html?.v=1

For those that this is happening too, contact some merchants you have some dialogue with and ask them to see what's up for you.

i know valueclick is far from broke

but maybe the CJ affiliate commission bank account dried up or something

and moving money around in a corporation is not easy...

You guys are funny with your conspiracy theories. Quick, quick go grab the tinfoil hats.

I am pretty sure it is in the user agreement that you must have a w-9 on file with them or your commissions are subject to witholding.

But your right, they are probably just trying to avoid paying you for the month since the huge public company ran out of money for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateFriendly
    I am pretty sure it is in the user agreement that you must have a w-9 on file with them or your commissions are subject to witholding.
    They already had a W-9 on file dumbass. And a W-9 that needed no changes. and a W-9 update request that was never received.

Read the posts ... the W-9' ARE on file with them.
    But ... I guess your wit got in the way of your reading glasses.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Internet Cowboy
    Sent you a PM Ron.

"I am pretty sure it is in the user agreement that you must have a w-9 on file with them or your commissions are subject to witholding. "

Fine but where are the previous notifications?

....the ones that seem to have never been recieved but were "mailed".

What about all these folks saying their info has not changed?

It's a perfectly stupid angle (but only one) they can use en masse....and not very acceptable for simple logic to swallow.

Thanks Scooter and others for your PM's. Had a meeting and was surprised to come back and see so many responses.

No, CJ is not out of money, but it appears my spam filter must be eating CJ mail that is not normal. The customer service person at CJ even suggested that was the cause.

Now, if they know that is the possible cause, they should NOT be holding pack payments if they know there is a chance we are not getting the communication. Also, if they are going to pull stunts like this then they should be sending a duplicate email to my email account within the CJ site. I checked, nothing there either.

What makes me upset is I have automated payments for such things as the servers (that run the 100 CJ earning sites they are not paying me for). Those payments are coming due in a few days and as I nearly emptied my business account I'll have to borrow from my personal to make sure funds are available.

Okay, I'm faxing off the W9 now and will make some calls. Will update you all later. I've worked with CJ long enough that I expect them to do the right thing. Which really surprises me when they made this big mistake by withholding payment without multiple notices. I think they just made a big mistake and did not realize how much it could affect affiliates who depend upon these earnings to pay bills, mortgages, groceries, etc.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    Ron - No, CJ is not out of money, but it appears my spam filter must be eating CJ mail that is not normal. The customer service person at CJ even suggested that was the cause.
    That's BS again. I have a full control of my emails including all the spam and I've not seen one email of CJ asking to update my W9. Anyway, for such an important matter, where's their snail mail?

Somebody made a mistake, a big one,

So...Is CJ doing random W-9 updates for some reason?

Zeus,

Yes, a matter of this importance should have included a snail mail. I sure don't recall getting that.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yeah I'd be skeptical with the validity of the tax form scenario..but what else can you do but play along...fax them another copy ect...

Anyone can see like you said that under such circumstances you would have a payment delayed without any notification.

The truth is we dont know what is going on other than for some reason they dont want to send out any payments at the present time and are making lame on the spot instamatic justifications to justify it because whatever the real reason is it is too lame for public knowledge...mysteriously you find your payment is really being delayed only when you contact them to ask....

I've had this account for 6 years. I have never seen the likes of this.

This does not sound anything like CJ.

Someone somewhere must know the real deal.

"
    Yes, a matter of this importance should have included a snail mail. I sure don't recall getting that.
    "

Sadly, a cover story is not always retroactive in all it's details.

That would of been a possibility...had the claim been made in a place called reality.

Just like how you get all the other emails from CJ but that one particular one no?

After so much a duck is clearly a duck....too bad they could not of been truthful about whatever is going on instead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast