What I want to do is create a reward type-site. That is the user is presented a variety of different offers, and for each one they complete they are awarded so many points or credits towards free merchandise. In this case, the free merchandise is going to be DVDs. I know I can use CJ to provide the information I need to credit the proper account. I guess where the concept is not very well thought out is the mechanics of how the site would operate. I do not know how to set-up an area where the prospective members could log in and check their points and where I could update their balances via the same interference. Does anyone have any ideas on what the easiest way to achieve this would be. I know absolutely nothing about db programming.

A bit like http://www.yourfreedvds.com then?

If you don't know anything about coding, it's going to cost you a fair amount of money to set-up as this looks very bespoke to me.

You may also have a problem getting some merchants to accept your program as your leads are from an incentivized method and they mostly prefer "pure" leads....

Yes, that is a similar concept. Although I owned the domain for this project well before they launched. I am hoping that it is not too cost prohibitive, and it is feasible to get it done. I am aware that some merchants do not like incentives but I have that part of the concept well thought out.

malibber,

I'm PM you a resource for the programming but also ask ARSONE (member) http://www.scriptnetwork.com

Haiko

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

Get PHP Nuke it will handle everything you need. It is free! You need PHP and MySql running on your server. Those are free too.

Haiko
    Could you resend that link? I accidentally deleted it when I sent you a reply? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I need to type up some specs for the project.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread