Avila Beach, Ca
    MySpace pages? Can they be affiliates? Brian??
    Ok...just had a request from a person with a MySpace page asking if they could join my affiliate program and then post my banner links on thier page at MySpace. I couldn't find anywhere on SaS if MySpace pages could join as affiliates. Can they? But are there any rules about who can't join SaS as an affiliate? Am I just missing it somewhere? Or can they join?

I know that many MySpace pages get lots and lots of traffic to them and the teens and college market are a good demographic for my jewelry. I want to be able to give them an answer.

I know you didn't ask me but I think myspace would not want their pages used for advertising other than ads they receive income from. I think I recall from their tos restrictions on what can be posted I think advertising was a no. Not sure how close they monitor. I am just happy my youngest are too young and my oldest are old enough to not be interested in my space.

Central/Western NY State
    definitely not allowed there:

Non-commercial Use by Members. The Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.

Avila Beach, Ca
    That was my thinking, but I couldn't find it anywhere! I was looking all around SaS. DUH... I completely forgot to look through everything at MySpace. I love this board I get ALL of my questions answered so quickly! YEAH!

And mellie I'm right there with you about the kids using MySpace. I read some VERY scarry things about I warned my office manager about her kids using the pages there. But it can be a great for business networking as well.

Thanks So MUCH!!!!!!!

Thats not to say that no one advertises on there. I get lots of junk on MySpace constantly. But to do something as overt as banner links is a no-no.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread