Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How many posts to read a PM?
    Hi,

How many posts do I need to read my PMs? I've been posting like crazy for the past 24 hours, I've got 40 posts so far but still can't read PMs and after checking the site rules can find no mention of how many posts I need.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

[URL=http://www.affiliatesnetwork.info/links/][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Affiliatesnetwork[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [URL=http://findhotel.info/hotels/][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1][B]Book a hotel[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] | [URL=http://affiliate-marketing.affiliatesnetwork.info/][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Affiliate Marketing Blog[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/URL]

Jeremy,

Actually, that kind of behavior (posting like crazy to be able to read and send PM) I believe will quickly get you removed from the board. Actually, we are not even allowed to speculate as to the number. It is up to the forum administrator.

I'd be careful at this point and suggest you spend time searching the forum for helpful information.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Oh,thanks Art. I could not find that. Said much better than me.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    I figured that's what you were doing. It's a few thousand. And only a max of 10 a day are counted towards that number.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Oh,thanks Art. I could not find that. Said much better than me.
    NP
    I suppose this is the most often asked question
    [URL=http://www.affiliatesnetwork.info/links/][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Affiliatesnetwork[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [URL=http://findhotel.info/hotels/][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1][B]Book a hotel[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] | [URL=http://affiliate-marketing.affiliatesnetwork.info/][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=DarkOrange]Affiliate Marketing Blog[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/URL]

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Argh. Some people don't understand how they affect others.

Many of us read by new posts, so you're misguided attempt to get to "enough", is way more than enough, to me.

its strange, nobody answered exactly... why

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasir
    its strange, nobody answered exactly... why
    Read the link that is a few down in the thread and you will know.
    BTW I am not sure that Jeremy is posting "Just" to get the priveliges I have read what he has said and most of it seemed relavent to the postings. I to have been posting alot mostly because I am a newbie and I have LOTS of questions am I going to be banned for that? As far as getting the PM it would be nice because I am trying to reach loxly here and PM would be very useful right now, as my reaching her is a little time sensitive I just noticed I cannot access her PUBLIC PROFILE because I do not have that privelige it is her PUBLIC profile and I am blocked from accessing it???

Hmm I just looked at his recent posts and I guess I have to agree this is getting annoying I mean I have posted alot the last 24 hours but mostly they were Newbie Questions that I really wanted answers to. (except a few obviously silly posts that were in the silly threads)
    Last edited by GethsemeneRose; April 26th, 2006 at 08:12 PM.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremymgp
    Hi,

How many posts do I need to read my PMs?
    Cheers,
    Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy, Sorry... If I know, I must tell you... but I came to your thread to know how much I have to go more to reach the PM... I have my mouth open too... Becos I came to know and instead of going away I am typing... oh no. but dont worry some day some one come to give us both the exact answer we need... but I hope we should not reach to the PM before

No one is going to give you the answer because none of us know. It will just happen one day.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    If someone answered exactly they would get banned and spanked. And the number would go even higher. Jeremy will never see the PM.

Affiliate Manager
    Man, filling up the forum with posts with one or two words just to inflate your post count is so annoying.

We are all so happy to hear you never used it!
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...485#post558485

And thank you so much for telling us so much about... well nothing!
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...471#post558471

What doesn't help?
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...463#post558463

Good to see you are intrigued:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...197#post558197

I guess your dog is helping you inflate your posts too!
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...181#post558181

Oh My! That's just a waste of time and resources.

Is there a moderator in the house tonight?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ok, Thanks you all... but it still a question of number and for every sensitive and honest person need to know... but as you said there is a reward of spanking and banning is waiting for the replier than its ok... becos who knows the punishment giver is not watching right now........anyhow thanks again

ABW Ambassador
    Mr. Sal is the designated this week.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    This is really very funny and i hope 7-days have not any objection, like upthere ... anyhow, you are cute

Exclamation Historical Note:
    In the past, many have come here, made enough posts to get the PM privilege, and promptly started using PM to make recruiting or other spam messages.

They are no longer here.

Internet Cowboy
    Keep making it obvious that you are trying to build post numbers, instead of adding something to the community, and my guess is it will be a long time before you get PM priveledges.
    Why the race to be able to PM anyway?

Jeremy, Don't mind all the other posters, they don't know what they are talking about. I know how many posts you really need and I'm not afraid to tell, I just sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremymgp
    Hi,

How many posts do I need to read my PMs? I've been posting like crazy for the past 24 hours, I've got 40 posts so far but still can't read PMs and after checking the site rules can find no mention of how many posts I need.

Cheers,
    Jeremy
    Hi Jeremy,

The same way that I agree with you on this post: Grammar Poll...common question:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=33

I will have to disagree with you on this thread "How many posts to read a PM?"

I will take my chance on you and ask you a couple of questions:

Are you more interested in being able to read your PMs, or to be able to send PMs to others?

The devil is on the details, and while others won't ask you, I will.

You're a Newbie here on ABW, so I figure that if you're a real Honest Newbie here, why and who is sending you those PMs are worrying you? I have been here since 2003 and I have never worried about the PMs, or the Sig line, I landed here just because I wanted to learn how to do something (dataffeds), and I have learned more than I can shew, chew or whatever the right word is.

Jeremy,

One last secret tip:

You can have over 100 posts a day if you just reply to every New Posts you see posted, or if you just say Hallo, or Hi to every new member that show up on ABW, even if it's just a new forum spammer, or some same old troll or whatever name should fit them that get a new name just to be here because they were banned before from ABW.

So Jeremy, if you're here to learn the good, the bad and the (read between the lines good stuff) don't worry about no PMs.

If you're good enough and you deserve it, you will get all of those privileges when the time is right, you don't have to ask for it.

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    I think people who post worthless posts just to inflate their post count so they can do PMs actually get the threshhold raised, so that they will need far more to get privileges than they would have if they hadn't been trying to game the system.

I think I read that a while back, will have to hunt for the post to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Thank You Trust,

But as you can see, I just told Jeremy how things work around here.

Btw Trust, take it easy on me man, I didn't you that hard, I think!

What is not being said here, and probably should be noted for our new folks, is that if there was not a high enough number of posts required, every spammer on the block would be in here PMing everyone. The threshold required really does help to prevent that and keeps PM communication on a much higher level.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi,

Thanks for the responses, I have no interest in sending PMs or spamming or anything like that, I just got some PMs in my mailbox and saw there was a limit, so I wanted to try and reach it. Every forum I've been at before with a minimum no. of messages requirement openly specified that minimum, so I naturally assumed it would be 10 or maybe 25 messages. However when I hit 40 I was getting a bit desperate as however much I posted the limit just stayed, and there was nothing in the Rules to shed any light on the matter. Most of the messages were sincere replies, as Chet B pointed out not all of them were as towards the end of the day I was getting tired with posting.

From now on ALL my replies will be useful, but I will still post fast as there are people who are obviously trying to reach me. The end result from now on will only be sincere and regular contributions to the forum.

If there is a high message minimum, and if that minimum can be raised even higher by posting quickly to read PMs, then it might be a good idea to at least mention this in the FAQ and Rules as I'm sure there will continue to be others with the same question. I'm only interested in replying to people who have contacted me first, so it seems fair for users to know that trying to reach these people by posting quickly won't achieve it's goal and even carries the possibility of a penalty. That way honest new users can know what to expect, while quality of posts and PMs can still be maintained.

Mr Sal: in answer to your questions - I'm only interested in reading the PMs I've already received from others. One of my posts was about what to do with a bunch of US leads I get every day and can't use, so I'd like to respond to people who have taken the time to contact me first. Glad also you liked the "neologism" post, there's a new word for folk's vocabulary at least,

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Last edited by jeremymgp; April 26th, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast