Is building subscriber list necessary?
    Hi,

Do you think building subscriber list for your affiliates site is necessary? Have any successful affiliates (with more than $1000 commisions/month) do it without subscriber list?

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,
    Sjarief

Not necessary, but can be greatly beneficial.

With hindsight I wish I had at least attempted to build a list before being kicked from Google and loosing thousand of visitors. I was doing pretty well without one. As they say, something like, Don't wait until it's raining to fix your roof, do it while the sun is shinning. This is now on my agenda since it looks like the reinclusion request process has started.

Many successful online marketers say it is the least expensive way to promote your business.

In my experience, when I send out an email blast to past clients I always pick up a new sale. I don't do this often so I'm not abusing their email address.

About once a month or every other month in my busiest times I send a newsletter. I seperately send a sales pitch about the same frequency but it is a seperate email.

My newsletters get about 10% "thank you replies via email" and sometimes a phone call or two.

In the real world (not online) it is a proven principle that marketing to a past client is less expensive and more effective than marketing to someone who has never bought from you. There are mathmatical formulas for calculating the "lifetime value" of a client as well as how likely they are to purchase from you again in the future.

Email is not dead. And now that people are getting more proactive about anti-spam filtering, email marketing is once again becoming more effective like it was a few years ago.

ABW Ambassador
    It's great. There's nothing like your site visitors basically telling you "I want more, send me email" Very handy for many reasons.

Yes, that's the reason I keep doing it.

But I'm also very careful about how often I send them stuff. Since I don't have a LARGE list it is important not to lose subscribers. I don't want to abuse what I have.

I've just started working on building the list with all my OTHER contacts.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread