ABW Ambassador
    has anyone ever rented email list for purposes of email or newsletter campaigns. Was it worth it. There are a few that claim to be really good and cheap. Like this place - http://bulklist.com/ But then some cost thousands just to rent. Anyone have any knowledge of this subject.

ABW Ambassador
    Jada, I sell the top spot in my daily newsletter for $100.00. This includes up to 4 lines no more than 66 characters per line.

My circulation is 24,000+.

That's a pretty average rate for a non-demographical publication.

If you ever wanted to send to a list that was sent to just single ladies between the ages of 25 & 35 in just a single zip-code you would most likely pay 10 times more. (at least)

The more specific you audience the more you pay.

ABW Ambassador
    Jada,
    DO NOT DO IT. Most of the companies that offer these services claim opt-in, when they aren't..some could be, but if you submit your website to anyone, you just opt-ed in. I would stay far away from bulk mailing lists like this. As an ISP, I make every attempt to go after spammers....most of the ones that I actually get in touch with tell me they rented the list from so-and-so, or ABC company sent the mail on their behalf...In all honesty, I would follow breeze here and purchase space in a newsletter that you feel would attract customers to your service. Also, even if you purchase a list of opt-in e-mails, there is a good chance that your ISP will shut your sites down...I wouldn't take the risk.

Tom Pyles

Speaking of mailing list... I just got 12,143 records of names and email from Priceline's customer who buy during Oct and Nov 2001, because they send a survey email but someone attach their mailing list records.

So, does it mean that mailing list is mine? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Your ISP would shut your site down. I am sure there is a way around that, like having the link in the mail point to one site and being automatically redirected to another site. Or, since the person who clicked on the link in the mail was obviously interested, just put "click here" on the page the e-mail linked to. They might shut down the first site but could they shut down the second site that was not mentioned in the mailing? Can an ISP take down a site because it is getting traffic from another site? Buy the first site under another name. They could hardly take my site down because a spammer had a link to my site on theirs. By the time they shut down the first site, the use of it would be over. Just put up another site for the mailings when the first one goes down.

Just thinking. Everyone has a little larceny in their soul....he he..... It keeps things interesting.

Seriously, I would be very interested to know how this all goes for you. I would love to send a bulk e-mail to 10 million people just asking if they are Pagan or Pagan curious and if so do something or other to respond so I know which ones they are.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

XO LOL! Well, what are you going to do? Give it back? I think it is yours. They sent it to you, didn't they? They must have wanted you to have it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yup, those lists are crap.

I've received spam from several "respectable" organisations, including one ISP to an email address picked up by a scraper. They claim it was an "opt-in" (my arse!) but it was scraped off a web page. Naturally the spamming ISP (Freeserve) didn't give a shit, and I haven't had time to pursue it further. The other two were Sainsbury's (a leading supermarket) and Virgin Wines. Clearly the email list they bought had been polluted by scraped addresses.

Best to find proper mailing lists like Breeze's [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Breeze - I'd be interested in hereing more about your newsletter advertising slot. My budget is kind of tight right now until I move. But once I move I want to have some definant avenues in place to pursue advertising and yours sounds great. What is your newsletter about and how often is it sent out. For the $100, how many times will my ad be sent out in the newsletter. Plus, where else can I find advertising spaces for ezines and newsletters?? Thsnks all.

ABW Ambassador
    Jada, My newsletter is sent daily.

My members are 90% male.

My newsletter includes daily freebies, special offers as well as a daily bikini greeting & a funny picture greeting.

PM me if you need more info.

breeze

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Now if your newsletter went to old farts and youngsters who might be interested in suspenders ..I've a client for you. Of course I'd recommend the daily bikini model have her bottoms held up with just a pair of these suspenders. They have 2" wide styles for the larger models.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread