If You Were Starting Over ...
    If you are a work at home in your underwear type without a day job making 5k plus a month and this is you only source of income how would you do it right starting out from scratch? What steps would it take to reach this goal the quickest?

ABW Ambassador
    Think.

Learn from the mistakes of others.

I knew a girl once,
    she used to work from home.
    most of the time she never had her underwear on !!!
    and she made alot more than that.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Neil is funny (as always)...

"If you are a work at home in your underwear type without a day job making 5k plus a month and this is you only source of income how would you do it right starting out from scratch? What steps would it take to reach this goal the quickest?"

I actually have done this already and the answer is simple.

I did same thing I did the first time except skip the mistakes I made.

Hope that helps...sorry no details if thats what you wanted.

I think I like dsteitz
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Well man you are a Duck and Im a Donald
    We both are pimps...being we put our pages out on the street and force them to bring us money.

Pimping is easy!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper
    If you are a work at home in your underwear type without a day job making 5k plus a month and this is you only source of income how would you do it right starting out from scratch? What steps would it take to reach this goal the quickest?
    Those making over 5K apparently already did it right, why would they need to start out from scratch to do it again?

When I started out I learned by doing, and making mistakes. It took years to even get to 5k. Only then I stumbled on this board and found that many of my mistakes could have been avoided by learning from other members here.

So, to answer your Q: If I would have to do it all over again I would educate myself better before jumping into the deep end of the pool - a lot of knowledge is already here, ready to be utilized.
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

"Those making over 5K apparently already did it right, why would they need to start out from scratch to do it again?"

Divorce...Not wanting an undeserving person to get 50%... so out of principle abandoning and destroying their entire infrastructure and starting again from scratch...least thats my story. Still I will say it was not worth it. I've done it once to prove I was not a money centered person and I'll never do it again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. The climb back up did not take too long, but it was a pain in the #$$.

Quote Originally Posted by dsteitz
    "Those making over 5K apparently already did it right, why would they need to start out from scratch to do it again?"

Divorce...Not wanting an undeserving person to get 50%... so out of principle abandoning and destroying their entire infrastructure and starting again from scratch...least thats my story. Still I will say it was not worth it. I've done it once to prove I was not a money centered person and I'll never do it again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. The climb back up did not take too long, but it was a pain in the #$$.
    I understand the lack of wanting to share secrets. I pay my hosting fees them make a few bills a month. I was being sarcastic about the underwear part as that is where the hype is with late night infomercials and so called scams.

I guess what type of information I was trying to dig for was do you do it with datafeeds, content or knowledge of php etc? It seems that my content site is what pulls the most.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    How do you get good content about a niche market? I have looked at some of the other sites in my niche and there is very little content one person seems to have set up a feed to get all the news with the keywords bought in how would I do that but still moderate it (because she gets pro and anti stuff and I would like only pro on my site)?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper
    I guess what type of information I was trying to dig for was do you do it with datafeeds, content or knowledge of php etc? It seems that my content site is what pulls the most.
    I mostly have sites made from feeds. But some unique sales-pitch pages are back in the mix, too. While that technically may be "content," it's not the educational/entertaining kind. Nobody's mistaking my sites for a .edu! (There's a few info-content sites hanging around, too...dead branches on the tree...)

As for PHP, that makes updating my feed sites a lot easier, but I don't think it makes much difference to the consumer in my case. The benefit is in how it allows *me* to handle large amounts of data.

Quote Originally Posted by GesthemeneRose
    How do you get good content about a niche market?
    If you REALLY want good, unique content, AND have control over the positive/negative aspect, it pretty much boils down to:

Write it yourself (if you're a good writer)
    Or
    Hire it done

Forums can generate lots of content, but not all the posters will be positive about whatever you're trying to push. And too much censorship wrecks a forum. So one of the first two options is probably best.
    Last edited by Leader; April 28th, 2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Added attribution to quotes
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

One of my geek sons recommended in the very beginning that if I was going to build with HTML, then I needed to learn CSS also to avoid pain later on. I ignored him until I had to touch every page to make changes (twice). I have a ways to go, but learning enough CSS to change the look made a huge difference.

The other geek son taught me about include files (SSI). That made an even bigger difference in handbuilt pages.

My Figure out in the beginning how you're going to manage growth, content or product pages. Build as many time-saving actions in at the beginning as you know how to do.

"I was being sarcastic about the underwear part as that is where the hype is with late night infomercials and so called scams. "

No Hype there...I'm in my underwear right now....LOL

If You Were Starting Over, I'd get there much faster than the first time.
    Just a squirrel trying to get a nut, in the Internet jungle.

I posted one of these questions a while back. I found that people don't really want to share. A few will but not most.

We all know the basics. Find a program with less competition, build sites, and promote it. That is the bottom line. But, without time management, it could be extremely discouraging. You spend all that time on the computer and get nothing accomplished. You've found a bunch of great websites but have nothing to show for it.

If I were to start all over again I would make a list of what I want to accomplish and then do it. Set aside time to play around but don't play around and call it work. You'll never get anything done and you'll never make any money.

If you were looking for specifics like what programs or industries to target I can't help you there. I don't know myself.
    Deleted

I need to start over.

I want to give my pages a different design -- I think I could generate more revenue if my pages had a different design.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread