ABW Ambassador
    Request for Issue to be resolved
    Hello,

I would like to see if its possible to implement in your system an automated way to delete old coupons from the coupon database (ones that have expired).

It's frustrating when I go and sign up with all the merchants that have coupons listed to only find many of them expired back in 2005 etc and then left with a merchant with no offers. After I download the quick database I then find this out, I know I could check each merchant individually but that can take a lot of time and defeats the purpose of am efficient & fast system.

If you can fix this it would be most helpful for otherwise a very good system.

thanks in advance.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

You can filter your results in your DB to show coupons that are current.

(added) I've never done it but thought I would give my 2cents.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    glinted,

The reason we provide those coupons is so that you can review past coupons as well as current - it was actually a feature requested by most of the affiliates early on in the development of the Deals Database...

Do you import into a database prior to putting the info onto your sites at all? You should be able to sort by enddate or any other parameter and easily delete those that you don't wish to use...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

This thread was worded like someone hadn't been paid or something serious, not like they had a suggestion on something that may or may not improve the network tools.
    A little overly dramatic Had me worried for a minute.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

ABW Ambassador
    hi, yes I already have filters and scripts to only use current coupons but thats not my problem. What happened is I went to the coupon page and seen a number of merchants with sign up box's as they were merchants I had no relationship with yet. So I signed up for most of the merchants that I hadn't already and then added the details etc. Then I downloaded all the deals and found that some of the new merchants I thought had coupons were blank after I ran my scripts to delete all the old ones. So I thought if that could be automated on SAS but it looks like they are needed so it ok and thought I would ask in case.

It just means I have less merchants that aren't so active currently with coupons etc otherwise I have too many merchant on the site without offers available.

thanks for the feedback.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread