Merchants who don't convert
    I have three merchants that aren't converting at all for me in spite of some fairly targeted traffic. I notice that one has a pretty old compliance-tested date. Is that potentially significant? I asked the merchant about it and he said he would check into it. That was almost 3 weeks ago and situation hasn't changed.

Is there a process for requesting a more recent compliance test? Or does the fact that there hasn't been a compliance test for awhile suggest that the merchant is old and expired and I'm sending free clicks?

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    I think in another thread it was found out compliance tests are actually just when an affiliate got a last sale, any affiliate in the network. I thought it was something else. So you would need to do a test purchase to get a compliance test.

compliance tests are actually just when an affiliate got a last sale, any affiliate in the network.
    That says something all by itself. If the last sale by anyone was that long ago, I need a new merchant. Thank you, Trust. I think it was that previous thread that got me noticing the date.

ABW Ambassador
    It's what I gathered from post # 6 and #7 in this thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=71883

So something else for me to look at too.

OOOPS just realized was an old POST, LOL GethsemeneRose's Avatar
    Question
    Silly Question from a newbie what is Converting and what is Compliance Test???

Generally, we speak of converting as a ratio of how many clicks do we have to send clear through to a merchant site before we see a sale. An example would be a merchant who converts about 1 in 50 clicks as an average vs a merchant that hasn't converted after 300 clicks.

If you're sending clicks and seeing sales, it's possible to divide clicks into sales and commissions into clicks and determine how much you're making per click on average with a merchant. Then if you spend less than that to get the click, you're ahead of the game.

Ok so for example I buy 10000 impressions I get 100 clicks and I get 2 sales then my conversion is 1 in 50 clicks or 1 in 5000 impressions is that what you mean and if it costs me 10 for the 10000 impressions and the average sale is 6 profit then I am converting 10 into 12 for a 2 dollar profit? Am I catching on?

Using my way (which is not necessarily the only way for sure) the 1 in 50 is correct because however it was that you sent 100 clicks to the merchant (not to your site) you got 2 sales.

Side note: I've never had any luck whatsoever with "impressions" as in Traffic Swarm, etc except to visits to my sites that didn't produce anything. Maybe every newbie tries that and maybe they work for some things - like building a mailing list.

I work on getting traffic to my various sites by whatever works for the type and then I measure success based on making money from that traffic with affiliate sales or Adsense or whatever. Each type of site and/or product takes different techniques.

In the sense of what we were talking about - merchants who don't convert - I meant that after sending more than 100 clicks to a merchant without a single sale, I start to dig for the reason(s). Sometimes it's just the wrong season - sometimes there's a leak on the merchant site, sometimes the tracking just doesn't work. It could be anything.

OK thanx the impressions was kind of a "free" thing (I could be paid for some "work" I did for a friend in impressions or food I choose some of each LOL ) I haven't actually started buying advertising yet.

well i guess you just selected the wrong merchants if u have a look at my Signature u see we convert quite fine
    [B][URL=http://ablogfullofgames.blogspot.com/]Blog Games[/URL]
    [URL="http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com"][COLOR="Red"]Our Blog[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread