Synergy Revenue Report Inconsistencies
    I was just comparing my Synergy revenue report to my actual revenue report and daily sales figures are wrong. The sales figures for each day are very different. The total for the sales column is almost correct, but the amount for each day does not match up. For example I may have had $5,000 in sales on a particular day on my standard revenue report while Synergy reports $8,000 for the same day. I'm guessing maybe the Synergy report shows the earnings that were reported each day and not when the transactions actually occurred. How about a little consistency?

Also, the prompts to generage the Synergy reports have not improved at all. In fact, I think there's an additional prompt on the Sales and Activity report. This to me is the most important fix that needs to be made to Synergy. There are still too many prompts and no defaults. I'd like to click "Sales and Activity Report" and see a report right away for Month to Date. Then if I want to adjust the report I should have the date selector available while viewing the report. As it is I need to start from the initial prompt and go through the entire process again just to adjust my report. I've mentioned this numerous times on this forum but it's yet to be addressed. Why won't Linkshare listen?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Scott,

I think I read somewhere, perhaps just speculation, that the reports don't jive, especially looking at very recent stats. Perhaps a moderator could provide more information on this as it is confusing.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Scott,
    In general, the dates used in SynergyAnalytics and the Interface Reporting System will match up, except for a few cases. These cases result from differences in how data is loaded into the different reporting systems, which can affect transactions occurring late in the day (GMT). If the merchant records a sale near the end of one day and reports the transaction data for that sale to LinkShare in the following day, that transaction can have different day stamps in the two systems. Synergy Analytics will tend to record the transaction as occurring in the first day, while interface reporting will report the transaction in the second day.

Ranae

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Scott,
    In general, the dates used in SynergyAnalytics and the Interface Reporting System will match up, except for a few cases. These cases result from differences in how data is loaded into the different reporting systems, which can affect transactions occurring late in the day (GMT). If the merchant records a sale near the end of one day and reports the transaction data for that sale to LinkShare in the following day, that transaction can have different day stamps in the two systems. Synergy Analytics will tend to record the transaction as occurring in the first day, while interface reporting will report the transaction in the second day.
    In my case the differences are very drastic. I don't think a single day this month matches up.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread