Thumb Rules
    When I was starting out in this Affiliate Marketing world I had little grasp of how long it would take or how much I'd need to learn - now, after a couple of years, I am 'starting' to figure out some of life's questions. In that vein here are some of my 'rules of thumb' to give some people an idea of one path and to give other's a happy chuckle.

My AdSense check pays all of the monthly overhead - hosting, data line, domains.

I use only natural search (no PPC) and the site map provisions for Google and Yahoo. It takes about 3 months for Google and Yahoo to start spidering a new site and it takes about 9 months to a year to get fair indexing. MSN's spider and I do not cross paths - they don't send me any customers and I don't send them any.

My data for the last year says that for 1000 visitors a day, I'll earn $1500/month - now if I could only get as many visitors as CNN I'd be just fine.

While I spend some time working on 'improving my site', I spend more on trying to automate everything. I've got it down to 4 batch files that update all of my sites. This way the computer works 100 hours/month and I work about 4 hours/month to update my sites.

So much for my ramblings - if others want to add their 'rules of thumb' here is the spot.

Charles

"MSN's spider and I do not cross paths - they don't send me any customers and I don't send them any."

Do you personally ban their bot from indexing or are your sites just not on a grid that they pick up?

I'm curious as to MSN not picking your sites up...or do you want it that way. Personally, though I dont think their traffic is #1 but it's worth intercepting....for me it's about at par with Yahoo.

MSN is free to come visit and for the first few months of their rebirth they were all over my sites - I guess they didn't like me because they slowly died away

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread