Performics Adds EPC Statistics!
    I just got this email:

Effective today, Wednesday April 26, Performics is providing network level data regarding Earnings per Click and Payout Rank for advertisers in the ConnectCommerce SM interface. This information is intended to help you understand the performance of your current advertiser programs and gain insight into new programs.

The network level statistics now available in ConnectCommerce are:

Earnings per Click (EPC):

3-Month EPC: Three Month Earnings per Click is the sum of fees paid to publishers in the past three months divided by the total clicks over the same period (Values multiplied by 100 for display purposes).

7-Day EPC: Seven Day Earnings per Click is the sum of fees paid to publishers in the past seven days divided by the total clicks over the same period (Values multiplied by 100 for display purposes).

Payout Rank: Advertisers are ranked by commissions paid to publishers over the past month. Each square represents a quartile of the advertisers in the network. For example, an advertiser with three squares is between the 51 st and 75 th percentile.
    Wow! Great improvement!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Some of their highest EPC merchants: Bose-Canada, GM Card, AOL, Norm Thompson, Professional Career Development Institute, Smith & Noble, GM Flex Card, Gloss.com, Maryland Square, and Travelsmith. Each of those has either a 7-day or 3-month EPC of $100 or higher.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I see them. Nice. Finally, an actual network improvement.

Just search for merchants or browse the merchant list.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Here is my take on the new data - http://www.revenews.com/toddcrawford...ew_networ.html
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Great improvement, now Performics just needs some more new merchants! I wouldn't mind my own personal EPC like Todd mentioned.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

15 years and counting
    The best feature of CJ before CJ6 was the possibility to compare my own EPC to the general affiliates EPC. It was the best way to select the right merchants for me.
    I'm not too crazy about the EPC on Performics or CJ now. It's not the indicator I really trust to grow my business. But, it can help to avoid some merchants.

Great analysis, Todd! I hadn't even considered those differences, which would both tend to overstate Performic's EPC numbers.

For what it's worth, I think EPC is a step in the right direction but the modified EPC I've been suggesting would be much more informative.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    For what it's worth, I think EPC is a step in the right direction but the modified EPC I've been suggesting would be much more informative.
    Michael,

Wouldn't it be easier to just throw out the top and bottom 5% to 10% when calculating EPC? This way you remove the low volume and the super affiliates and possibly get a more pedestrian metric.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Talking
    Hi Todd

Glad to see you're back.

I wondered what happened to you.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread