FYI
    I am on the East Coast, check arrived via snail mail today
    http://www.chrisbsmusic.com

Nuh uh. not mine. Kentucky here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

arrived here.

Not here, in Florida.

Received mine yesterday (snail mail), and it was delayed two days because I had to send them a W9 before they'd process it.

I'm in San Francisco.

ABW Ambassador
    Always over 10th in my country (non US) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Have you all considered direct deposit? It's wonderful. Goes straight into your checking account. Mine was posted by my bank yesterday (21st).

ABW Ambassador
    >>Have you all considered direct deposit? It's wonderful. <<

Some of us prefer not to provide outside sources with our banking information.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Some of us prefer not to provide outside sources with our banking information

Especially "parties who we already do not trust"?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'll have to agree with Tracy on that one. MY CJ Direct Deposit (Which is the largest check I get every month) allows me to pay off my credit card bills online as well.

Than I can make the run to the bank with all the little checks combined for one big deposit at my leisure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, just set up an account strickly for the transferral. It doesn't have to be directly deposited into the same account you pay the mortgage from.

I agree Cyclone. Direct Deposit is a great feature, and its a shame that more people don't take advantage of it and get concerned about the "trust" of CJ, only to have to wait for the check and then for it to clear.

I fully trust CJ with my banking information. Anyway, it is clearly illegal for anyone to pull money out of your account anyway without your permission, and very hard to do without you arranging the wire from your end anyway. If anyone is concerned, simply set-up a separate account for the deposits as Cyclone suggested or something along those lines. In our case, we have a business checking and savings account. Since our cash sits in savings, I have no qualms arranging for any wires (from any other party) to hit the checking account which has very little money in it anyway, and then I just transfer the funds to savings once it hits (or write company checks for bills and withdrawals, whichever is needed).

Have some faith, its really the best way to go!

By the way Cyclone, I love your icon. There was a rumor last year that they canceled the show, which had my wife and I very upset, but it looks like its back on again this fall!

ABW Ambassador
    >>So, just set up an account strickly for the transferral.<<

>>Have some faith, its really the best way to go!<<

pffft. You guys really don't understand privacy freaks, do you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We think it's silly, naive, and highly irresponsible to give out such information when it is uneccesary.

And you don't stand a chance of changing our minds by claiming its "convenient". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    >>So, just set up an account strickly for the transferral.<<

>>Have some faith, its really the best way to go!<<

pffft. You guys really don't understand privacy freaks, do you? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We think it's silly, naive, and highly irresponsible to give out such information when it is uneccesary.

And you don't stand a chance of changing our minds by claiming its "convenient". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Something about seeing the check makes me feel better. What if they put it in someone elses account by mistake - imagine how long it would take to correct that error!!! :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cedric:

Not trying to change anybody's mind but for UK publishers, DD is a must. Out of five cheques I have had so far, two got "lost in the post" twice and finally I had to pay $20 EACH to get them re-issued by CJ.

DD will save me time and money! Therefore for UK peeps it is convenient.

For those USA people who have never had a problem getting cheques, I would say that in your boots, i would prefer a cheque too.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread