Question 4-bar or 5-bar?
    As far as publishers go, what is the difference? I noticed I am a 4-bar, but have seen people mention 5-bar.

How is that computed and what is the difference?

ABW Ambassador
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...&highlight=bar

5 bar means you're in the top 5%.

If I recall, 4 bars is 80th percentile in the network.
    5 bars is 95th percentile.

At 4 bars, you're doing better than at least 80% of other publishers and worse than the top 5%.

Where are the bars located? I never noticed bars @ CJ.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    When you login, upper right under Performance Level - Program Performance - Network Earnings

Your network earnings rating shows how you rate with other publishers in the network based on the volume of commissions earned. You are ranked in an apples to apples comparison with all publishers by taking each publisher's total commissions (regardless of currency) and then converting that total (if necessary) to US dollars. After each publisher's commission total amount has made this conversion to a common currency (USD), the ranking is established.

Ranked using a bar graph system, the network earnings ratings are based on a scale of zero to five bars. Publishers earning zero commissions are excluded from the overall calculation and given a blank rating. The ranking is calculated relative to the entire network based on commissions earned by publishers during the previous month. The specific bar graph ranking is as follows:

5 bars 95% and up
    4 bars 80 - 94
    3 bars 60 - 79
    2 bars 40 -59
    1 bars - seek help
    0 bar - buy something off your link

Actually, it's actually the percentile among activate affiliates.

If you're 4-bar, you're in the top 20%. If you're 5-bar, you're in the top 5%. I'm sure it varies from month to month, but from what I recall of previous discussions, 4-bar ranges from about $200 to $3000 per month and 5-bar is anything above that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

but other than knowing how you stack up against everyone else being a 5 bar does not seem to offer any extra special consideration...not that it should...

i am 5-bar and proud...as long as CJ is legit, my 5-bar will feed my family...

"i am 5-bar and proud...as long as CJ is legit, my 5-bar will feed my family..."

Personally the 5 bars really means as much as my Indian name...being 12 Beers to me...I never really took my 5 bat status as anything to base my pride on...and it really means nothing like you said if they don't do their end.

CJ is about 10% or so of my income and at this point I feel that is maybe too much. Who knows...maybe a time will come where the source of their current unprofessional actions will be removed and they can regain thier reliability.

Thanks for the info. I take the status like a grain of salt.

However, several merchants seemed to be more worried about what bar level they are at and their numbers than really getting sales. Some even sound like used-car salesmen.

How long does it take to get bars? Is it immediate after you get commissions or is there a waiting period. Also when do your bars change, after the end of the month or after we actually get paid?

Thanks

Bars and bars and bars...
    [QUOTE=MeeMaw]Thanks for the info. I take the status like a grain of salt.[Quote]

Ditto on the grain of salt. Howerever, if an affiliate can reach 4-5 bars without the use of PPC, I would be very proud if I were them. On the other hand, if you are spending 75% or higher of your earnings for PPC and you are 4-5 bars, the bars mean less...... unless you are playing with 6 figure earnings. LOL!! Anyway, the bars tell you where you stand in the affiliate network. Only you know where you stand in terms of net profit.
    Last edited by Airstrip; October 6th, 2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: end quote correction
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Yikes!!
    [QUOTE=Airstrip][QUOTE=MeeMaw]Thanks for the info. I take the status like a grain of salt.

Ditto on the grain of salt. Howerever, if an affiliate can reach 4-5 bars without the use of PPC, I would be very proud if I were them. On the other hand, if you are spending 75% or higher of your earnings for PPC and you are 4-5 bars, the bars mean less...... unless you are playing with 6 figure earnings. LOL!! Anyway, the bars tell you where you stand in the affiliate network. Only you know where you stand in terms of net profit.
    I didn't realize I jumped in on a thread from April! Ooops! Oh well...
    The best things in life are not things at all...

yes you did buy my question is still from today??? lol if anyone can help thanks.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Airstrip]
    Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw

if an affiliate can reach 4-5 bars without the use of PPC, I would be very proud if I were them.
    I'm proud Although to be honest, I have no idea how it happened.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I have always wondered how this worked so great to know. What about the merchants bars, do these bars on the merchants mean a similar percentage?

How long does it take to get bars? Is it immediate after you get commissions or is there a waiting period. Also when do your bars change, after the end of the month or after we actually get paid?
    crash, I guess it is just based on the whole previous month so if you suddenly made a huge amount of commissions then it would not affect the rating until the next month, maybe someone else who knows more can clarify?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw
    if an affiliate can reach 4-5 bars without the use of PPC, I would be very proud if I were them.
    5 bars here. No PPC. Third month in a row.
    Feels pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly
    5 bars here. No PPC. Third month in a row.
    Feels pretty good.
    Yeh, alot of good stuff from eBay this year, and much more to come in 07.

So...you should be on your way to 5 digits :-)

Tuan

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    1 bars - seek help
    0 bar - buy something off your link
    Thank you for the giggle! I needed one today.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread