Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Did you get the March 30 W9 Email from CJ?
    Just curious if any CJ affiliates received the March 30 email from CJ they claim they sent letting affiliates know they needed to turn in a current W9 or they withhold thier commission payments? I asked this in another thread, but realize it was off topic from the original thread and probably missed.

I'm not writing this to point fingers at CJ and I'm not saying they did not send it, but if very few people claim they received this email, I want to share this information with CJ so they realize this means of communication, as I suspect, is flawed and not completely accurate due to unknown reasons (such as spam filters).

Please share here if you did or did not receive this email and I'll keep count and send the results to CJ.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

No!

And I don't think that they will bother me, since they have my original snail-mail certified form, that I send a few years ago.

Nope. I also checked with 9 other affiliates that I know that have active CJ accounts and not a single one of them received any such e-mail.

Sounds clearly like CJ is lying. Plain and simple.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Nope didn't get it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Internet Cowboy
    Notta

ABW Ambassador
    Nope. But did get a similar request a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw
    Nope. I also checked with 9 other affiliates that I know that have active CJ accounts and not a single one of them received any such e-mail.

Sounds clearly like CJ is lying. Plain and simple.
    This is not an attempt to show that CJ is lying. I believe they believe this email went out. I just want to see how many folks actually received it.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Thanks to Mr. Sal, I can now do this....

RON, THEY NEVER SENT ONE!

No
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Depend on no one but yourself...[/FONT] :winking:

Nothing here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Nope

ABW Ambassador
    I think they know Ron. No, of course I don't do direct deposit either.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Nothing here
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Nope.

(i'm on DD and have 2 completely different emails registered to receive notices)

Nothing on any of my accounts
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I suspected as much, but if I can get more folks to verify this I think it will better prove to CJ there is a problem.

This is not unheard of in this business. If you all recall a year ago, Linkshare was sending out mass emails and their server could not handle that many at one time, so some got sent out piece meal (mine arrived after the fact) and some people never got theirs. It was a wake up call for them they had a problem. I think this is the case here also.

Did anyone get the email? Anyone at all?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "I think this is the case here also."

Or they're just bullshitting you.

no
    I also check my internal mail on CJ regularly and it's not there either

No. If it was a lie it was born some time around the 20th of April and the liars lacked a time machine....but even had they had the time machine... they really would of had to send it...then we would of really got it back to them in time so they would not of been able to use it for an excuse....plus it could of created a paradox. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I suspected as much, but if I can get more folks to verify this I think it will better prove to CJ there is a problem.

This is not unheard of in this business. If you all recall a year ago, Linkshare was sending out mass emails and their server could not handle that many at one time, so some got sent out piece meal (mine arrived after the fact) and some people never got theirs. It was a wake up call for them they had a problem. I think this is the case here also.

Think about it...It goes without saying that this mysterious "notification" was worthy of being labelled important. Is there not a section in the CJ interface for "Important Notices"? I was told one was not sent there because not everyone checks their CJ messages in the interface...but whoever told me that seem to of forgot that some people dont check their email either...myself not being either one of those parties.

Is it not odd as well that no action was taken by them as well after so many people failed to respond?...then they just wait for the affected parties to call in before telling them of this "problem".

I don't know what system they use but when I send an email thru any account anywhere I have and it does not get delivered I get a notification back telling me so....and is it not also odd that we seem to have no issues with recieving all the lessor notices and announcements from CJ?

If there was a clean explaination we would of got it by now, and really I don't think they are creative enough to come up with an effective cover story at this stage...

Im sure that noting was sent out. What else can I think at this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days

I get CJ spam on a regular basis, so it's not a matter of their server being able to handle the quantity. Besides, there were only a handful reporting W-9 (er, money floating) problems anyway.

I didn't get it. Are they saying they sent it to all affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    Just those who they decided not to pay or pay on time.

Quote Originally Posted by mellie
    It appears they are doing random audits of accounts and for the group at that particular time, an email was sent out March 30th in which those of us being audited were given information about W9's. This being the case there will be lots of emails from folks saying they did not get it because they may not be the onese being audited.

I'm simply trying to find those, if any, that actually did get the email on the 30th. So far, it is not looking good that anyone got that email.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I verified last months emails from CJ - nothing about W9. I have payment set up with CJ for check and that did not come through either till I emailed them. Nothing about W9 on their response email - just that they would mail the delayed check end of April.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast