ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Sifting through pages of outdated links make adding new & updated links difficult
    I hope the title says it all, from an affiliates perspective, I just don't understand why merchants have all these pages of outdated links, some dating back to the start of the decade? Often merchants have 4-5 pages of text links, trying to work out which ones are still current is like looking for a needle in a haystack especially when half of them have dates that have expired, the others have no dates and who wants to add those links when they are most likely expired as well?

I hope we can see some major improvements in this area soon.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I hear ya.

This is one of my biggest complaints with Linkshare.

When I choose a creative to use, I should be able to rest assured that it is actually useable and not outdated.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    I think I might have started 4 or 5 threads about this myself Never understood why it is so hard for the affiliate managers to delete old links. How long does it take.

ABW Ambassador
    I have also sent emails to LS & merchants in the past and had some response from some merchants who were usually surprised to know of this or others said they left old ones there as some affiliates still used them (even though they were using dates expired) which seemed strange?

I just don't have time anymore to contact each merchant and ask then to update their interface, I really think it's up to them although if we want anything done I find I usually have to tell them.

I just wish Affiliate Networks would make their systems better, there are so many weak spots in them, not just LS but all of them.

This is my biggest gripe with LS, to be honest its a real mess.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I think the leave it up to the merchants to keep their links straight.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    who wants to add those links when they are most likely expired as well?
    I think that many merchants need to do a much better job working in the LS interface. I am amazed at how many times I see an offer in the interface listed with no expiration date. Then I see the same offer in a newsletter (along with an expiration date)!If the offer is going to expire - they should put in the date!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread