CJ - Best Performing Keywords
    Even though I have been doing this for about 1.5 years and am making great $$$ I am far from an expert at optimizing my affiliate marketing skills.

Can anyone direct me, if it is possible, to some resources that could tell me how I can track what keywords are converting from my CJ links?

I would need this to work under two scenarios:

-One scenario where I drive traffic to my site's landing page from Google/Yahoo/MSN/etc and a transaction is made

-Another scenario where I link directly to the merchant's site via PPCSE

Is this possibnle????

It is possible, but by no means easy. How many keywords are you talking about?

Like sideburn said...not easy

You'll need to use the sid, which not all merchants can support. You should use a code that makes sense to you, but numerical might be the most efficient. This way the same keyword can be used for either, but based on the landing page the number would be different and the advertiser would have no clue, aside from any referral url (direct to the advertiser will provide search terms if on google proper...i think)

download the transaction reports and place this in page two of an excel workbook, place the keyword list with number/code of the keyword and the keyword on page one. On page one you now need to count the number of times your sid code was referenced in the transaction report, but since i'm no excel wiz I can't tell you how to do that, but it can be done.

With a set up like this (once in place) it should be as easy as updating the transaction report and you can see what's performing best. Cross reference this with what you paid for and this should give a new insight into performance.

if anyone has a simpler way or knows the format for setting up the excel sheet please chime in.

I know CJ could easily harvest this data and make it available via a report...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread