Seasons of buyers activity.
    Hello,
    If someone have any theory about seasons of customers activity? Ive worked only a year as affiliate so I dont have enough information about seasons of buyers rises and declines. I have some declines in August and in April I think its because of summer vacation and annual taxes. May be you have your versions? I think it would be interesting.

Welcome to ABW . . .

I think we all get different results because we make so many different sites aimed at different niches. Also, the search engines can be a big factor in the number of visitors per site.

April has been super quiet for me but right now orders are picking up in collectibles. Perhaps only because the search engines have been friendly to that particular site.

I do note steadily decreasing visits as we approach major U.S. holidays.

It really depends on the products you promote. If you promote consumer items, the Christmas season is the big one. If you promote office products, January is the big month. If you promote flowers, February is the big month. If you promote tax products, March and April are big. If you promote jewelry and wedding items, Spring and Summer is a big time. If you promote travel, summary is a big time. If you promote costumes, Halloween is a big season.

Most of us focus on consumer items, so Christmas is the holiday we all focus on. I typically see about a 50% increase in October, double in November, and triple in December. Then, things gradually decline through summer and pick up again. If your site is seeing growth, the "decline" time may actually be steady or a slight growth, and your Oct/Nov/Dec increases may be larger. A diversified group of merchants (focusing on those other areas listed above) will help make things a bit more balanced, too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree with Michael, but flowers do better for me now(may) with mothers day than for valentines day.

Animal Lover
    Spot on Michael. Depends on what you sell, you need to think like the consumer. Gardeners are out in full force spring/summer as are golfers so there tends to be a spike in activity and then a lull - where the sales aren't flowing but creeping in sporadically.

As with most things it takes while to get the trend. Then there are unforeseen things that work to stir the pot eg interest rate rises which squeezes the family budget and make people less likely to spend.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Well,
    I sell generics: Sildenafil Citrate, Tadalafil, Zolpidem, Finasteride and so on. Ok. May be you can tell something about this products? I just what to know what to do if my sales decline:
    1) should i try to learn what i make wrong. but sometimes i can't find the reason.
    2) or i just can say to myself "Hey, this is just bad season - don't worry"
    Thank you for your answers.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi,

I am product manager at MoreNiche and April is the month with fewer sales as usual, but in May it's going up again.

January is best month of the year...

Max

I wouldn't think that there would be much seasonality with ion drugs. I don't have any experience with them, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep
    Our products are also health products, like skin care systems or weight loss pills, we also have some enhancement products and we see this up and downs every year...

Luckily our sales are constantly increasing so it's doesn't matter that much

2 Maxwell
    Hm... May be i should sale your products? )))
    Yes its good. But some times you can growth faster or slower than in other periods.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread