Help getting accepted as Priceline affiliate
    Hello! My name is Cindy and I am new to the affiliate program. I joined CJ and signed up with programs that I believe offer the consumer a TRUE savings. I am still working on getting it all put together. It is a lot of work! My biggest disappointment is that I have been rejected by priceline on 3 different sites. They are all new sites with no proven track record, so perhaps that is the problem. I really believe in priceline, use it myself and refer people to it all the time. It is a shame that a company I am so passionate about and refer people to will not allow me a chance at being an affiliate. I know I could give them sales, and both of us could profit from the partnership. Can anyone on here give me some advice on what to do in order to better my chances of getting approved by them? I have written priceline and asked why my application keeps getting declined, but I never get a reply. Thank you very much, and I am hopeful some of you successful folks will share your knowledge.

I just applied and was accepted instantly/automatically.
    My guess is - they have it set up to look into your profile (particularly your site's niche or network earning level).
    Good luck.

Please don't post the same question multiple times.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

This question has been asked before many times. Basically, what to do if a merchant rejects you.

Your options;
    email (which you have done)
    phone the AM
    Go over the AM and find someone else to email or phone
    Ignore them and find another program to promote, regardless of how much you like them.

The email you send, are you using the CJ email system of sending them to affiliates --at-- priceline.com?
    If you are just using the CJ mail system, know that it doesn't always work.
    I would try the email I posted if you haven't already, then phone them.

As for why you may get rejected automatically, it may be where you are applying from (merchants often have geographic filters set), traffic levels, your bar level in the CJ network, or many other things. Usually if you can reach them, merchants will let you in their program once you explain how you will be promoting them even if they have already rejected you once.

Hope that helps, good luck and welcome to ABW
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Dog bite!
    Popdawg,
    A little rough on the newbie, don't you think? I did not post my question multiple times. I posted it once in the CJ section and once in the introduce yourself newbie section. I assumed since it was my first post, both sections would apply and there would be different readers at each place. As for the question being posted several times already. I did not come on and just post without doing the research. I have researched this for the past 2 hours and did not find any previous post that deal with this specific question. My question was specific to priceline, not general rejection. I have read through all the general rejection post, but I thought maybe someone might know of specific things priceline was looking for, or even specific things priceline will reject your application for. Thank you for your other suggestions.

Thank you Kimberly
    Hi Kimberly, I see you are a newbie as well. Congratulations on getting accepted as a priceline affiliate one your first try! Do you mind emailing me your site so I can have a look at it and see if it helps me gain any insight into what they are looking for? Thank you for your encouragment, and good luck to you as well!

Calm down newbie. They have an automatic acceptance and rejection system from what I can tell, so the general rejection reasons do apply and Popdawg was on point. Why not contact the AM and ask what they're looking for or give them a reason why they should accept you.

Oh, and since you're new... a little tip.... never ask people for their sites. If they want you to know what they are, they'll put them in their signature line.

That was rough on a newbie?
    ah no.
    Stick around, I do rough on a newbie and I have to tell you, that ain't it. I mean damn, I even said please. Ask around, I don't usually post that politely.

That said, do need to address one little thing.

I did not post my question multiple times. I posted it once in the CJ section and once in the introduce yourself newbie section.

Once plus once = ???
    multiple ... more than one. many. here AND there.
    erm ... moving on.

Merchants have many different reasons they reject sites but the reality is they are all pretty similar.

If you learn the main reasons sites get rejected and address these reasons with the merchant when you do get ahold of them, most will then accept you.

Even better, address these issues before you apply and you will be golden. Sometimes when you start out you can't obviously do anything about your traffic levels, EPC, etc because ... redundant moment ... you are starting out.
    Chatting with el merchant AM capitaino will get you past these things.

So sorry you wasted all that time searching for the answer. but the fact is, all those other posts you skimmed over and dismissed probably contained good advice and good outlines on what to do and what not to do to get approved.

And what ticketguyz said about asking for sites is true as well.

Faux pas two. Another few thousand of those and you might catch up to me.
    It's like those old after school special psa's. Now you know.

And no, this was not a flaming either.
    Maybe a little teeny tiny minute bit of but nothing really.
    Can't wait to see how you take it tho

I just applied and was automatically approved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw
    I just applied and was automatically approved as well.
    Could it be Priceline.com likes your 4 or 5 gold bars?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    i have many bars but got declined. well, ok, that was when they just popped up at cj. things can happen when you're a newbie merchant. after several re-applys, i finally got accepted.

then...

they sent me an offer in my other cj account from which i did not apply.

ooooohhh, i'm itching to hit the decline button.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    after several re-applys, i finally got accepted.
    Do you e-mail merchants when you wish to re-apply?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Do you e-mail merchants when you wish to re-apply?
    no. the apply button keeps reappearing, so i just keep hitting it. i think i got an email from them everytime they decline. but my guess is that they were still fumbling around learning how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Could it be Priceline.com likes your 4 or 5 gold bars?
    I am a small fry. Only 4 bars, but yes, they could base it upon my last 3 month performance. I have worked hard to improve things.

Not sure what I am going to do with priceline now though! lol

Hmm...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread