Red face Once again, I need a little help please
    If my fingers will stop jamming up from all the muscle swelling from renovation work, just maybe....

Hello everyone, I need a little help getting and using linking commands that will display javascripts that were saved on a blank page and using them in my primary content filled pages. I know this sounds simple and dumb to alot of you, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get my scripts to appear in my content pages for my new revisions.

I am using primarily html, but will definitely use .css or .php or anything that will work for me here. I am still using frontpage as my editor (sorry) haven't had time to build it all from scratch in notepad or wordpad, I'm trying to cut the time.

All help, as usual, is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mark (Satchel)
    Webmaster / Sales Manager
    [url]www.tsmgroup2.biz[/url]

are you looking for the command for doing ssi in your pages where you can just change the contents of the SSI whenever you want to switch things without updating all pages?
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Your looking for that code that calls a remote javascript that is not embedded in your html but resides on your server, is this correct?

If so:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.com/whatever/script.js"></script>

That may work but its been awhile. Replace the url with your own of course.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Cool Hey, Suz. I'll c&p it to word until....
    Until I get all my revisions complete, I won't be able to test this on my server until the site gets ftp'ed. I hope it works too. I was trying to keep my page load speed at the peek of fast and the web's bots happy at the same time.
    Thank you.

Heidi, Suz has got the main idea of what I am looking for, sorry it seems so petty, but I am trying to get all the coding possible to help me short-cut my programming and page loading technique. Thanks.
    Mark (Satchel)

Hey Heidi and Suz,
    That script coding didn't work. I am able to save my javascript to a .js file but I still can't bring it up in my html page, any more ideas?
    Mark (Satchel)

have you tested it on the server to see if it works there?
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    have you tested it on the server to see if it works there?
    It's official Heidi, I just tried two different javascripts on my server for my site and neither are apparently working. I got a question for ya. Can I link that javascript inside a "div style" command? I thought it might work, but am unsure.
    What would you recommend? Is there an alternative to this command?
    Thanks.
    Mark (Satchel)

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread