Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Thumbs up Mothers Day Gift - Why Is Your Mom Special ?
    Hello team,

We are giving away 3 one year gift magazines subscriptions of your choice for this Mothers Day.

Your choice of any magazines on this page:
    http://www.magazinesquick.com/Womens...-p-1-c-29.html

You have your choice for that special lady in your life, your mom, your wife or even yourself if you like. These will be purchased by ARC and given as gifts to the 3 best reasons posted and selected by David and David rom MagazinesQuick.com

1) In this thread, post why "Your Mom Is Special" in 200 words or less.
    2) Winning posts will be chosen by MagazinesQuick
    3) No purchase needed to win
    4) Wiiner will get a one year gift subcription to any magazine on the womens interest section of MagazinesQuick

Why is your Mom special ?
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

No special moms out here?
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Andy,

This could be an easy contest to win! I may enter it myself
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Can't believe no one has posted to this. Since I am very fortunate to have my Mom as my Mom, I'll give it a go.

The first thing that makes my Mom special that I've learned to appreciate as I've aged is the fact that she was able to maintain a degree of sanity having 4 kids by the age of 26. The half jokes aside, I have grown to appreciate the childhood provided by my Mom. Our well-being was always her foremost priority. There were tight times growing up, but there was several things we could always count on: food on the table, clothes on our back, a roof over our head, a stable home environment, the important values in life being instilled by her own actions, encouragement and support to achieve those things we desired in our lives, respect and unconditional love (even when we messed up). It was always "just there" for us. Her responsibilities as a parent always came first without any questions. I think I was probably in my 30's (I'm the baby) before we started seeing her doing things just for herself.

Growing up, it was always our house that the kids of the neighborhood and our friends hung out when they were having problems at home...like 4 kids of her own to keep track of wasn't enough. I remember more than once as a teenager heading off to bed with friends still being at the house and Mom staying up to the wee hours of the morning talking to them about whatever problems they were having at home. I suspect there was more than once that our friends were coming over to see our Mom instead of us. She was known to take more than one into our home also.

And she was always there to make sure we stayed on the right paths in our lives. We joke about it now...saying how she had a network of spies. Because we couldn't get away with doing much of anything we weren't supposed to without her knowing about it. By the time I reached my teenage years, I had pretty much figured out it wasn't worth even trying. She's told me more than once as an adult that she felt that her main responsibity as a parent to try and make sure that she gave us the skills we needed as an adult to lead happy, independent lives on our own.

As adults, she's worked hard to do what is probably one of the hardest things for a parent to do...let your children live their own lives as adults. we still 'just know' that she will be there for us if needed, but she tries to be understanding and nonjudgmental of the choices we make in our lives as adults. She isn't just Mom, but she's also probably one of the most best things anyone could have in their Mom...she's also a friend. And a steadfast friend at that.

I am truly blessed to have my Mom and I thank my lucky stars for it everyday. And she'd probably be fussing at me if she knew I was posting this because I don't think she really thinks she did anything that special as a parent, she just did what was natural for her.

Did I keep that under 200 words?????

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    What a beautiful tribute to your Mom, Kellie. Wish I could say the same about mine ...
    but I'd be ecstatic if my children felt that way about me. I strive to be all of that to them daily but it's not at all easy and you're right to praise your mom for exactly what (IMO) a mother shoud be but, most often, isn't. Your mother is one of the good ones and you're very lucky.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Cuz she had me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Did I keep that under 200 words?????
    You can elaborate when you bring her to Chicago for the next AMC Seminar...

Great tribute....

Thanks for sharing...

Congratulations Kellie, I have your prize waiting for you. Thanks for sharing your touching story and I hope you enjoy your magazine
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Donuts, your entry is being evaluated and our judges will let you know something soon.
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Rexanne, I think you deserve a prize too. Ill get the info to Andy for your prizes ladies.......Donuts, heck could you use a ladies magazine too? Ill make it happen. Congratulations everyones a winner!
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Carter
    Rexanne, I think you deserve a prize too. Ill get the info to Andy for your prizes ladies.......Donuts, heck could you use a ladies magazine too? Ill make it happen. Congratulations everyones a winner!
    Well thank you David. I gratefully accept, even though I would be hard-pressed to try to think of somehting nice to say about my mother.

Kellie's prize is well-deserved. I would be honored if Kellie used my prize as a gift to her mom from me for being such a shining model of motherhood. Can we do that David?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Rexanne,
    Andy has the codes for the prizes so feel free to do with it as you please. I am sorry for your experience but Im sure that you have been a great mother to someone. So through your participation in our contest I have decided that that is worth celebrating! BTW I have read many of your posts and alot of them seem very "motherly". So keep up the good work and enjoy your prize!
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

David,

Thank you for the generous offer, all coupon codes have been processed and emailed ....

What do ABW'rs say to another promotion for Fathers Day magazines?

Rexanne,
    Andy has the codes for the prizes so feel free to do with it as you please. I am sorry for your experience but Im sure that you have been a great mother to someone. So through your participation in our contest I have decided that that is worth celebrating! BTW I have read many of your posts and alot of them seem very "motherly". So keep up the good work and enjoy your prize!
    Thank you David. I've been labeled 'Mom of the World" by many. LOL I think having such a bad experience has made me a better mother. It's certainly given me reason to turn things around. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Thanks Judges! (for the leniency)

Nice prize too. Got mine emailed from Andy.

Appreciated!

Internet Cowboy
    Darn, I go on a road trip and miss it all.
    Pardon me, and I expect no prizes, but I gotta use some of Andy's web ink to give some props to Ma Scooter.

My Mom did a fantastic job of raising me. Not only did she raise me, but she raised 6 others ahead of me. I guess by the time I came along she was good at it

She divorced my Dad for reasons that I will not get into here when I was in the 6th grade. That made it doubly tough on her because I was (and still am) a demanding fart, but she did it and I let her know every year on Mother's Day that she is appreciated.

Unfortunately, Mother's Day is bitter sweet for my Mom. She had a son who was her 2nd born child who died on Mother's Day. Of course I never met him nor did any of my siblings except my oldest sister. My Mom has every right to hate Mother's Day but she doesn't and she hangs out at home waiting for her herd of kids to call, and we all do one-by-one.

On Mother's Day when I was 40, I sent her 40 red roses, one for every year that she has been a wonderful mother to me. She said she cried for the entire day, so I haven't done that since.

Whether your Mom is still with you or whether you celebrate the memory of your Mom, Mother's Day is a special day. After all, if it weren't for our mothers, none of us would be here.

A belated Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms on ABW and to all the Moms of ABWers everywhere.

On a happy note, 8 years ago my Mother married her childhood sweetheart at the age of 71. He just turned 80 in April and she will be 80 next year. Don't tell her this, but all of us kids are planning a big surprise party for her on her 80th, which is also St. Patrick's Day. They go dancing three nights a week, play cards one to two nights a week and spend the other nights looking for things to do. I go out to visit once or twice a year and I am here to tell you they wear me out when I am there. I can only hope that I am that active when I am 60, much less 80!

OK, sorry to hijack the thread. I just had to say that!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UncleScooter; May 16th, 2006 at 11:05 PM. Reason: added a photo of the lovebirds, couldn't help myself.

Oh I LOVE the story of your mom, Unc!! SO happy to know she found love and is happy and thriving at 80.

Yep, she deserves all the good things coming her way, including kids who love and appreciate her.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Ok, Unclescooter the judges have made an exception and issued and unprecedented decision. You are the winner of the last (and I mean it this time ) prize for the mothers day contest. Thanks for sharing Unclescooter, I hope to be as vibrant as your mom when/if I reach 80! BTW hows the Magazine site coming along?
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Ohhhh, look at that...Mom won herself a magazine subscription. She loves to read.

I just got off the phone with her to give her the good news.

Thanks mucho David and Andy. I'm sure she'll really enjoy it.

Rexanne, got your email and that was very sweet of you. Mom wants you email address so she can send you a thank-you.

Great post and pic Scoot. That makes for a good Valenstine Day story too!

Ok, Unclescooter the judges have made an exception and issued and unprecedented decision. You are the winner of the last (and I mean it this time ) prize for the mothers day contest. Thanks for sharing Unclescooter, I hope to be as vibrant as your mom when/if I reach 80! BTW hows the Magazine site coming along?
    Well deserved.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Ohhhh, look at that...Mom won herself a magazine subscription. She loves to read.

I just got off the phone with her to give her the good news.

Thanks mucho David and Andy. I'm sure she'll really enjoy it.

Rexanne, got your email and that was very sweet of you. Mom wants you email address so she can send you a thank-you.
    You are welcome to give her my email addy but it's not necessary to thank me although she is most welcome. She deserves major accolades for raising her kids right and for inspiring others to follow her lead.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread