Basic CJ Data Feed Question
    I've been with CJ for a long time and mainly use CPA type of programs, although I also belong to a lot of Retail programs. In all my time with CJ, I have never figured out how you go about determining which merchants have datafeeds, where to find them, how to get them etc. Can't find a link anywhere on any of my merchant pages. I can see from posts here over the years that they are obviously available. How do I get them? Do I contact CJ? The merchant?

Also, how do I see which merchants have them available.

Thanks

asked 30430 times so we're getting pretty good at answering these after saying that, I hope I get these right LOL

Contact CJ
    Pay fee of $200 (one time setup not for each merchant) if not making more than $10000 month sales - not commissions, sales - a month
    (Link to the question you will have about why they charge ... http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68859 )
    Some merchants offer free feeds outside CJ - They list them on their merchant blurbs sometimes or check out their forums. Also, there are several listed here.
    If a merchant has individual products listed in the CJ interface, they have a feed.
    When you contact CJ, you will be given some options, including how often you wish to download the feeds ie daily, weekly, how you want them sent, ie 1 big file or individually, FTP or other delivery method.
    You will at the start only be given access to a limited number of feeds ( I belive they are still doing this) after you can handle them, you will be able to add more later.
    To contact CJ to get this started, go to ASK A QUESTION - in the additional information section, select DATA TRANSFER then for the sub category PRODUCT CATALOG.
    Don't expect an immeadiate response, it could take a few days for anyone to get your message.

Hope that helps.

For more info search the datafeed forum http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Thanks... I did a search through about 10 pages of threads and didn't find the datafeeds 101 section. Seems like a year ago there was a board here just about feeds... Might be wrong. Anyway, thanks for the info.

I have never figured out how you go about determining which merchants have datafeeds, where to find them, how to get them etc.
    I came across this forum which has listed all the CJ merchants who offer datafeed. You can get the complete list by clicking the link below.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162893

If you would like to know how to get them from CJ and how much it cost then follow these steps
    Step1 Log on your CJ account
    Step2 Click on Account tab once you are logged in
    Step3 Click on Contact Us. It will open another window
    Step4 Click on GO link under Check FAQs
    Step5 Search for "Data Feeds for Publishers"

It will answer all your question regarding data feeds for publishers from CJ (Commision Junction)
    Burhan Tanweer
    Marketing Manager
    sales/at/awebhosts.com
    [URL=http://www.awebhosts.com]www.awebhosts.com [/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    kdobson99, saw your thread in the new posts. We provide free feeds outside of CJ. Take a look at our products and let me know if you want to get them via email.

I'm pretty sure that you can get datafeeds for any CJ merchants that have product links.

With CJ, you can get free datafeeds if you've ever had a month with $10,000 in sales.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

To see the list of CJ merchants with data feeds available:

1: Goto 'Get Links'
    2: Under 'Search' 'General Catagories' choose 'Additional Search Options"
    3: Pull down the menu under 'Link Type' and choose 'Product Catalog' and hit 'Find'

So you will know you are on the right list - list starts with 'lower my bills...'

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    With CJ, you can get free datafeeds if you've ever had a month with $10,000 in sales.
    They made me pay even though I'd had a month with $10,000 in sales. They told me I needed to have $10,000 in commissions.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by missdonna
    They made me pay even though I'd had a month with $10,000 in sales. They told me I needed to have $10,000 in commissions.
    Seriously? I was allowed access with about $9500 in sales for one month. Sounds like you should talk to customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    Seriously? I was allowed access with about $9500 in sales for one month. Sounds like you should talk to customer service.
    They make it so hard to talk to anyone.... I probably should, though. When this happened I asked twice, because the way they had it explained on their site was confusing. They assured me it was commissions, not sales. This was about 3 years ago.

Here's what it says, exactly. I don't think it's the same as before but it's still confusing:

"However, this charge will be waived if your account has earned at least $10,000 in advertiser sales revenue for one month during the past 12 Months. Again, if you do not meet this criteria, the $200 integration fee will apply."

I haven't sold $10,000 in advertiser sales revenue.
    I sell, but not that much

I have (I already own the name) a domain name for a site I want to develop, but nothing has gone up yet. This would enable me to diversify the products I sell.

As for spending $200, with all the complaints I've read from members here who are technically more savvy, I think I'll hold on to the $200

Goals
    • I still want to improve the looks and layouts of my sites
    • I want to improve content
    • I'd like to continue to learn more coding
    • Then maybe I'd consider feeds
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread