Adding partners for CJ - I want my partner to get a cut!
    Let's say I have a partner, B. He owns half of the site. Is there any way, without me making out a check and sending it to him, that I could have a percent of the money go to him automatically? Or, can he have a separate CJ account, and receive some funds that way on the site?

You might want to form a partnership
    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-art...rship_basics-i

check out nolo.com
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by prPLegrape
    I could have a percent of the money go to him automatically? Or, can he have a separate CJ account, and receive some funds that way on the site?
    Nope. You're going to have to handle it outside of CJ and send him a check. If you don't want to do payroll, you can probably treat him like a contractor. Depends on the legal arrangement of that partnership.

Talk to your accountant...normal disclaimers...blah blah blah.

ABW Ambassador
    Lets hope we can see this implemented in the future as I also would like to offer a cut to certain people and create partnerships on a site by site basis.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Lets hope we can see this implemented in the future as I also would like to offer a cut to certain people and create partnerships on a site by site basis.
    that will only add an unnecessary burden to the already overwhelmed servers and processes at cj.

cj should concentrate more on accurate tracking and reporting, not on things that affiliates can do themselves.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, CJ or any network should not be in the middle of a partnership. You know the details, you know how you want to arrange it. The complexity of the possibilities and legal ramifications are well beyond a simple boiler plate created by a network.

You could always do something similar to how GoldenCAN does the fourth click. Dynamically have half of the clicks go to his affiliate links and half of the clicks go to your affiliate links. Over the long run, that'll be pretty close to an even split.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

we simply change the payee name for the check every month, and try to balance
    with smaller checks from indie programs etc.

Now way to do it in CJ that I know of, But you will want to create a seperate log in for your partener, with limited access (view reports and pull links...not change account info). If you haven't created a LLP or the like, you will also be taking on the tax burnden under the SS# given (if in the states).

If your in the states your best bet is to cut a check, minus any tax liability that you genereated from the said income if you don't have an llp or Inc company. llps will be problematic if you change partners later.

not an accountant here, if your going to make any money at all spend the money to get one...long term it should save you $

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not thinking so much of the payment thing, I could do that (send partner check) all I would like is to let certain assigned people be able to access stats & links like mrbshouse covered.

So its not about asking CJ to mess with payments.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

use the account tab and at the bottom you will see add user, choose operator if you want them to pull links (i think ;-) and analyzer if you just want them to pull reports.

I'm not completly sure of the limitations of either, but that should give you what you need.....on the partner thing watch the tax issue it could be expensive after the fact if you don't plan for it and use your SS# for the tax info....everything would be put on your tax info and without the proper paperwork, you'll be paying for your partners taxes. (ask an accountant for certain)

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks mrbshouse, I will check that out, sounds great

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Our #2 affiliate is actually two people but one gets the CJ check and makes the cut with the other. If you had a 2-tiered system you could split 50/50 but CJ doesn't have that capability.

Partnership/LLC

then free BofA business checking account, direct deposit from CJ into that, then use the free bill pay feature to cut equal checks that are automaticaly send via snail mail to both of you.

Voila, very little effort.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread