Question Does writing articles help?
    I read that writing articles and putting them in the free articles sites can help with seo. Is this true? Thanks.

In my experience it helps but just a little.
    You end up getting backlinks from (my-spammy-made-for-adsense-site.com) type sites.

It depends on what quality articles you want to write. If low-quality, submit to article sites. If high quality, why not keep them on your site and maybe get some quality backlinks.

I know of one article site that lets you sell your original articles, and still keep the original up on your site. (another option)

This looks promising (I haven't done it yet, but maybe I will):

http://www.blogburst.com/index.html

"BlogBurst, by social media leader Pluck, puts the web's best blogs in
    the hands of top-tier publishers to bring you new traffic, new readers, and new revenue. Visit www.blogburst.com for info."
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

They can & do help for sure.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If you write and design an infomative site on popular subjects you can demand and get slotting fees from related content advertisers. Leave the scraped and/or syndicated article Adsense spam generators to their blackhat methods. Duplicate Content feeds, like product data feeds are just SERP spam food in the hands of most affiliates. Some parked domain operators with zombie click script slaves plant doorway pages with this crap. No human actualy reads it. Others just want Adsense, YPN keyword fodder without having to learn to read or write English.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    If you write and design an infomative site on popular subjects you can demand and get slotting fees from relates advertisers. Leave the scraped and/or syndicated article Adsense spam generators to their blackhat methods. Duplicate Content feeds, like product data feeds are just SERP spam food in the hands of most affiliates. Some parked domain operators with zombie click script slaves plant doorway pages with this crap. No human reads it. Ohters just want Adsense, YPN keyword fodder without having to learn to read or write English.
    I know this is probably the wrong forum, but I still don't get why everyone keeps saying product data feeds are SERP spam. What's an affiliate supposed to use? What's wrong with an affiliate using datafeeds with thousands of products they can sell for the merchant? Why is that a bad thing? The affiliate is providing goods and services that benefits the consumer.

(Don't take it the wrong way. I appreciate your help.)

I agree that articles are very important in product sales. They help convert non-buying customers into buying customers. Take a look at tech.yahoo.com and go over their Tech Advisors section. This is the perfect example of relevant, sales based articles. I personally don't advocate allowing others to use your content as it'll devalue your original content. I think the best way to provide articles is to help your customers make a buying decision. Buying guides and comparison articles help inform customers so they can make the right decisions for their situation. It's all about providing value.

The same can be said about datafeed use. As long as you're using them to help the customer make an informed buying decision, you'll be fine. If you're just creating static datafeed pages without any prices, service or reviews, you aren't providing much value. I believe this is what Mike is talking about.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyWebAffiliate
    I know this is probably the wrong forum, but I still don't get why everyone keeps saying product data feeds are SERP spam. What's an affiliate supposed to use? What's wrong with an affiliate using datafeeds with thousands of products they can sell for the merchant? Why is that a bad thing? The affiliate is providing goods and services that benefits the consumer.
    It depends on what you do with the feeds. If you just create a mirror image of the merchant's site, that provides absolutely no value to the customer or the merchant. And that's what most people do with datafeeds. If you find some ways to provide value, then you're not spamming. Unfortunately, so many affiliates with datafeeds spam search engines that search engines penalize a lot of legitimate, value-added affiliate sites as well.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Take a look at tech.yahoo.com and go over their Tech Advisors section. This is the perfect example of relevant, sales based articles... I think the best way to provide articles is to help your customers make a buying decision. Buying guides and comparison articles help inform customers so they can make the right decisions for their situation. It's all about providing value.
    - Scott
    Thanks for the link & the tips, Scott
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I thought that articles are main thing for affiliate site after reading affiliates master cours, but now reading it seems that better is to mix all things or do one site with articles and other seling site.

I use articles but I never put that same article on my site. My sites gibberish content is better than the really useless gibberish information that I submit to article directories.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread