Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Based on results-revenue could you please list your favorite Affiliate Programs. The best to worst.
    Many Thanks

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

The ones that pay with no reversals or extensions

The ones that pay with no reversals

The ones that pay with a few reversals

The ones that may pay/lotsa reversals

The ones that never pay

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

ABW Ambassador
    Leader - are you copying my merchants.

That was the exact list of merchants I was gonna post. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Add this to the list:
    The best - the ones that pay on time, no reversal, no extension, increase commission over time (or by volume), give Christmas bonus.

The worst - the ones that don't pay and you have to pay in order to be their affiliates.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Sorry,I meant programs,CJ virus Clickxchange,Linkshare and the rest. I don't want the best merchants because that would take forever and that would not be fair to ask of anyone.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh, uh-huh...

Well as you know I think CJ rules!

Performics seems to be doing well CR-wise, but I haven't been there long enough to get a check. From what I read, it may take awhile...either they will get a good mark or flamed mercilessly, depending on if a check shows up!

If one shows up when they say it will (their terms do say it'll take longer than CJ), then I'd put them at #2. No direct deposit, and, believe it or not, the infernal frames on their site also contribute to the #2 status. It's also easier to see individual transactions at CJ. Performics' interface could use a bit of help, although it's not terrible.

Payouts are pretty good at Performics (the commission percentage).

Of course, I HATE LinkSnare. I'd have better luck panning for gold in the Huron River (nearby). But some have found the elusive Linsharius payuppus, that most endangered of species.

BeFree is a great bastion of Murphy's Law. Programs tend to close there before the payout figure is reached! And while I personally haven't tried to get them to respond to anything, they have quite a reputation for unresponsiveness among those who have. Their programs seem to repel transactions, too... A kennel of woe, from what I've heard and seen. I've had no real desire to give that one full exploration by signing up for more programs, due to all the bad publicity they have.

I hate to say it, but ShareASale seems to be a really 2-bit operation. And they don't convert worth sheet! I suppose it depends on what products/merchants you promote, but there are sure a lot of "not ready for prime time players" over there. Like there's one that has NO banners... Good for filling up a contest page, though...they've got great gobs of contests. Too bad more of them don't offer $1 Million instead of toilet paper, though!

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Leader has summed up the basic performance of the networks. You can assume Linksahre and BeFree hate CJ for devulging merchant performance. You can assume 50% of all CJ merchants will drop out this year due to piss poor EPC and site maintenance is your #1 job on eliminating those and putting up new ones. Niche' merchants will always close better than major branding Brick-n-Mortar merchants.

At BeFree only OverStock -TigerDirect -ComputerGeeks record steady sales for me. No standouts at CJ but a mix makes up a 300.00 monthly check. No standouts at Linkshare and I just use the remaining ( 98 of mine there went bellyup in early Y-2001)for showing my Cybermall www.ecomcity.com visitors a variety of name brand merchants sponsored there.

It takes 1-2 years of clicks to get checks from LS and BeFree if you just use site traffic and not e-mail offers in a newsletter.

ABW Ambassador
    I hate to go on record with this, but I agree with Leader's list.

CJ gets the edge over Performics based on the publishing of EPC etc.

If one of these firms is ever so bold as to take the next step and provide affiliates with what they keep discussing on these boards (just two or three recurring themes here, shouldn't be that hard), well that would be a truly remarkable day.

Befree should not spend so much effort stressing to the thousands of affiliates that they are not Befree customers (a really flawed strategy if ever there was one).

ABW Ambassador
    CJ is the best hands down. real time reporting, and consolidated checks make me a happy publisher. EPC, along with all the other features, is a real plus.

I get paid with Commission Junction. With over a year with "BeFree advertising on the backs of web publishers", Link Snare, I have yet to make any money. CoolSavings.com (ex-CJ merchant now with Snare) is the only merchant reporting that I have made enough to warrant a check, but have yet to be paid :mad:

At some point, unless some other company can perform as well, I will go exclusively with Commission Junction. The others are getting weeded out.

<font size="18">CJ!</font></p>

I think the key to CJ's success is that they are a constantly metamorphasizing entity who wants to be the best .... the only "real" thing holding them back is the "little guy" mentality that they still have; they are still using LS as the measuring stick and they just have to stop that!

CJ acts like a person with a Ferrari driving 10 miles an hour! (and not to show it off [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

------------

I joined BF for my first site (20 pages), which in it's first 2 months had over 12,000 hits and over 360,000 page views with AJ and NSI ads all over. I was soooooo disappointed and shocked :eek: to see that "not one" of the visitors did "anything"! I had had it with affiliate marketing and BeFree from that day!

The only thing good about BF then and now (my opinion) is TigerDirect (Andy Rodriguez) see ... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TigerDirectAffiliatePartn ers/ (Although I think he would have more "retention" of the affiliates if he invited them here, [Hi Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ] I think and see that he is really willing to help affiliates succeed! [Andy, "Continued Success" is my TM [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ]

After about 8 months I picked up the affiliate marketing ball again with another project, this time with Linkshare ... they didn't track or convert either ... so I said forget affiliate marketing (again!) BTW on my sites 2,000 real hits equal 2 according to them! :eek:

Of all the "others" .... I would have to say that performics is the best ... I can't convert squat with any others.

Haiko

[ edited to add Andy's Link ]

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

ABW Ambassador
    So how many seperate programs should one promote?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So how many seperate programs should one promote? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion - 3.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket, and do not let the best programs rest on their laurels until they start striving for perfection (unfortunately, right now they are striving to be the next befree and linkshare).

Haiko and Leader you mention performic above LS, just curious, have either of you received a cheque from them.

I joined a couple of weeks ago, have sent a heap of targeted clicks with a 10 cent conversion and this was to signup for a catalogue!
    Similiar merchants on CJ convert 1 in 23 and the payout certainly more $$$!
    Even LS converts 1-40!
    To answer a question that may come up, why did I go with Performics,because I love the flexibilty of generating your own product links!
    So CJ rules!!!
    All I want for Christmas is: product links at CJ like LS or Performics...please Santa!

ABW Ambassador
    you got 'em already. some merchants give the "ok" and others don't. Go to the get html of your merchants and look for the recently added tabs.

MJ,

Nope ... and for the same reason as Leader ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>... I haven't been there long enough to get a check<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI - James Crouthamel still has not responded to participating in the Open Q&A III :confused:

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I've had several checks from Performics. They do pay, and it's a consolidated check, but there's quite a time lag because they don't pay you until they get the money from the advertisers.

Some of my best converting merchants are with Performics, but that comment needs to be tempered by the fact that if there's a way to see reversals or other problems in our stats I haven't found it, so they might or might not be performing as well as it seems.

Despite a few grumbles, I'd recommend Performics as part of anyone's mix.

Elisabeth Archambault

Big Chuck, I don't mean the product links like we have at CJ but the ones like LS and Performics you can generate product links to whatever products you want....
    We don't have them at CJ do we????

ABW Ambassador
    If the merchant allows URL redirects (of the ones I carry, I've only found one that doesn't), you can link to any product on their web site... except for those who have convoluted sites (including frames) where it is difficult to get a direct url.

But on the ones with a direct url, use the "show advanced" features in the cj "get html" and you can link to whatever your heart desires. It's very very cool.

Ah! What have I been missing out on!
    Playtime [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Oh My Beauty,
    I found so many programs thanks to reading all these posts lol....
    Poor me lol :eek:

wahoo...Santa came [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    The advanced product links are great!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    1) Cj (Pay on time, Good CR)
    2) Onresponse (Pay on time, Good CR)
    3) AffiliateFuel (Pay on time, Okay CR)
    4) Websponsors (Pay on time, not so good CR)
    5) Performics (Great CR, Don't pay on time)
    With them net 60 is now net 97 and I am still waiting. 950.00 + and still waiting. This money was earned in August and September. It seems that they are lacking in their collection methods. I have been informed that payment is forthcoming. I can only pray it will be this year.

A bird in the hand is better than 4 in the bush.

I'll report back end of next week as to whether the check shows up.

I am still out to lunch on affiliate programs! Just this month I have decided to try only Affiliate Networks. I am doing a test on 15 of them and will be posting my findings in January! If you want to see who i am using go to http://www.moneyvalu.com/affil.htm I know one thing I wont be joining them independantly again - I think a group offers a better hope of payment

ABW Ambassador
    Performics promised that my check would be mailed on 12/18.

They made this promise to me on 12/10.

This is unreal! The full amount of $1,034.00 was deposited into my checking account today! (I forgot that I even gave them a routing number in August when I started to use them)

Okay, I retract any negative statements I have made about them in the past.

Don't get me wrong, it's not good to pay 6 weeks late. But then again, could the timing really have been any better?

NOT!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

That's great news Breeze, good to hear you got paid because performics merchants seem to convert very well.
    Have you noticed lots more CJ merchants appearing at performics of late?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast