Question How can I get it to not have individual folders?
    I am using the demo, seeing if it can help me. I had it working once, but I don't know what I did wrong here.

I have my feed, my template. Everything works as expected. But it creates each .html file in a separate folder instead of all in one area. I did it before and all my .thml files were in the same folder. What did I click that I can't find to unclick . Thanks for any help.

Was just looking again and some files are in individual folders and some are not.

Affiliate Manager
    Does the data in the field used for the file names contain "/" characters?

From WebMerge Help:

Creating Subfolders
    If the field you specify for the file name contains a standard UNIX folder name (separated by "/") before the file name (e.g., "myfolder/filename") it will create the specified subfolder as it creates the file. These can even be several levels deep if you like, using something like this:

subfolder/anotherfolder/page001

That data will generate a file named "page001.html" inside of a folder named "another folder", inside of a folder named "subfolder".
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    Does the data in the field used for the file names contain "/" characters?

From WebMerge Help:

Creating Subfolders
    If the field you specify for the file name contains a standard UNIX folder name (separated by "/") before the file name (e.g., "myfolder/filename") it will create the specified subfolder as it creates the file. These can even be several levels deep if you like, using something like this:

subfolder/anotherfolder/page001

That data will generate a file named "page001.html" inside of a folder named "another folder", inside of a folder named "subfolder".
    I just saw the pattern of what it was doing right after I emailed this. Some had the / and some did not. I guessed (no I have not read the help, obviously ) that was what it was doing.

Is there anyway to turn this off for certan fields?

Some of the stores have this:

adidas Team Mac 2 (Men's) - Black/University Red/Metallic Silver

I can do a search and replace to get rid of this, but thought I would ask. Thank you for your time.

johnnyWebAffiliate - Nope no way to turn that off... so you'll have to find and replace..

One thing that I do is NOT use the details creator... I use a seperate file for all page sets...

Example::
    001-details.4ww
    goes with the template
    001-details.html

This way if I have a problem I can easily figure out what file is messing things up...

since you can tell Webmerge where to build the detail pages.. it is easy to link to them from other page sets...

Since you are using the demo version.. it is much harder to see what WM can do...
    drop the cash on the full blown version... it is WELL worth it.. even if you make the switch to PHP MySQL later you can still find a lot of cool stuff to use Webmerge for....

Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    johnnyWebAffiliate - Nope no way to turn that off... so you'll have to find and replace..

One thing that I do is NOT use the details creator... I use a seperate file for all page sets...

Example::
    001-details.4ww
    goes with the template
    001-details.html

This way if I have a problem I can easily figure out what file is messing things up...

since you can tell Webmerge where to build the detail pages.. it is easy to link to them from other page sets...

Since you are using the demo version.. it is much harder to see what WM can do...
    drop the cash on the full blown version... it is WELL worth it.. even if you make the switch to PHP MySQL later you can still find a lot of cool stuff to use Webmerge for....
    I bought it. Even though I read all the negative comments galore about datafeeds, I bought it. All datafeeds can't be bad. Thank you for your help.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread