Performics Help! (literally)
    I don't know if I am just missing something, but I cannot find an operational Help or FAQ for Performics. The only one that I can find seems targetted toward the merchants. And even when I go into that one, most of the links take me to pages with errors. I sent an email to info@performics.com a couple of weeks ago. In particular, I have been looking for information on how to use subids and how to find them in the reports. Can someone points me to the Help section or section on how to use the various functions?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Documentation for SubID/Member Based Tracking
    You're right in that the documentation on the site is not directed toward publishers. We are in the process now of building out a resource center where you can find all the info you need to participate in affiliate programs hosted by Performics. Below is the documentation for subid tracking (also referred to as member based tracking).

Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Larry Adams
    Product Manager
    Performics

Overview

Whether you need to track the performance of multiple websites, reward loyal members for shopping through your web site, track their purchases to do a better job of personalizing your site for them, or gather additional member data for other marketing initiatives, Performics provides member based (SubID) tracking to help you strengthen your Internet business.

Hassle-Free Implementation

Performics can help you track your sites or members when a user clicks on an affiliate link to shop with our merchants. You just add a member ID string to the end of the url parameters on the Performics affiliate, and Performics’ servers handle the rest. To get things up and running, here is all you have to do:

The new link format simply requires an additional URL parameter to be added to the end of every Performics link on your site (that you wish to track with SubIDs). Modify the standard Performics link you retrieved from ConnectCommerce by adding the parameter '&mid=xyz' where 'xyz' is a unique string representing the site or member you wish to track

<A HREF="http://www.clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000000424372&mid=xyz“>
    • lid= the ID of the link on which your member has clicked, as assigned to you by Performics
    • mid= the member ID used to track the member clicking on the link
    NOTE: mid= can be up to 256 characters and all special characters must be HTML encoded.

Concise Reporting

Performics wants your web site to succeed. This means helping you learn as much as you can, as soon as you can, about your members. SubIDs are reported in the Activity Detail report. These reports are generated in real-time, enabling you to see exactly who spent how much, with which merchants, on what days. You can also see which orders have been changed in the system due to returns, and you can log in to the system whenever you want, knowing that your reports are always up-to-date.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I'm glad you posted this. I was wondering the same thing.

I still believe you should implement a way to add multiple sites. I am running into an issue with merchants that don't fit my main website (which is the only one I can show on Performics), but somehow can't understand that I want to add them on other sites. I really don't know what the issue is. It doesn't cause them any pain or suffering to just add an affiliate, yet I am on a back and forth email frenzy with a merchant that keeps saying, "But all I see is SITEABC.com. And you will put our links on SITEXYZ.com. Is that right? How will you do that?"

If I didn't want this merchandise so bad I would have given up two months ago when this whole process started.

Didn't I see some threads from 2003 - 2004 where this was asked and Performics said it was in the process of getting that done...?
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I asked about promoting Performics merchants on multiple domains/sites and received these reponses:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...92&postcount=2

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...85&postcount=4
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Thank you, Rhia! As always, you have been a great help.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Another way around networks that just want your "main site" info

is to create a page with ALL your sites, a thumbnail snapshot, a brief decription (like this is a datafeed site, this is our coupon site, this is our niche site) etc

like istolze.com/mysites.htm

Works for me

Thanks, Larry, for the documentation. I am going to try to get some Perfomics links up before I hit the sack yet tonight!

The good news is that I was able to get the links up and running. The bad news is that I cannot find the "mid" tracking results anywhere. I'm looking in the Activity Detail reports and cannot find any results that show specifics about the transactions at all, including the subids. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Tricia

ABW Ambassador
    I guess it is better to ask questions here in the forum than sending emails to performics. I have send at least 3 emails in the past months asking about how to place sub id/mid into the url. Got no response at all. I figure either the person read the email don't know how to do it or there is no way to do it.
    Good to see this thread and thank larry for answering the question, it is a little bit late but still help.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm looking in the Activity Detail reports and cannot find any results that show specifics about the transactions at all, including the subids. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
    go to reports

performance

activity detail

in #3 at the bottom, make sure activity detail is checked

and it will show:

Here's what you'll see:

* Publisher Member ID
    * Amount
    * Total Fee
    * Status
    * Action

(publisher member id IS sub id)