Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Exclamation Layoff rumor
    It's been rumored that CJ is now laying-off or has put a hold on "nonessential" positions in the technical writing, network quality, marketing, product development and intelligence departments. Apparently Tom Vadnais, CEO , believes that beefing up the revenue generating departments of client development; account services will provide an immediate increase of cash flow. It's sad too, that all departments now have a revenue goal to meet, thus meaning that even customer service and communications have to generate cash.

Allow me to lament for a while, and join me too for our brethren who may be leaving the organization. What was once a wonderful culture and group of individuals, now works and lives in fear as the corporate Nazi of ValueClick has seized and ruined another independent company. Goodbye old CJ, hello occupation forces.

Well, THIS should be an interesting thread to follow.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I thought someone told me CJ had plenty of money and my conspiracies about them not having money held no water...lol

layoffs...increase cashflow...

ABW Ambassador
    "network quality" ?

I'm good at connecting dots. Drawing quite a line these days at CJ.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

15 years and counting
    I feel sorry for the employees but
    what has been done by them to satisfy one side of their customers, the affiliates. NOTHING.
    Tell me about the last upgrades (downgrades)
    What was there for the affiliates? NOTHING.
    Tell me about all the thieves fed by CJ these last few years.
    What was done to fight them? Nothing.

I miss what was a wonderful culture and group of individuals, too.
    What have they done to avoid that to happen? Nothing.

ABW Ambassador
    A rumor? That's it from a first time poster?

without validation I have to place the BS meter at very stinky for a first time post. Post like this could be made by individuals that would like to see stock dip based on nothing more than rumor.

without some sort of validation statements like this should be banned due to the effect they could have on a company's stock, not to mention the mindset of their clients present and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbshouse
    without validation I have to place the BS meter at very stinky for a first time post. Post like this could be made by individuals that would like to see stock dip based on nothing more than rumor.

without some sort of validation statements like this should be banned due to the effect they could have on a company's stock, not to mention the mindset of their clients present and potential.
    All due respect to Haiko, but I seriously doubt this particular forum is read by very many VCLK investors, especially those with enough clout to impact the stock price in a massive sell-off (in response to a newbie's post on a rumored layoff?).

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    A rumor? That's it from a first time poster?
    What?

You don't believe in UFO's?

ABW Ambassador
    I believe in UFO's. I have a secret I want to share.

Ticketguz

You may be surprised about the good info that comes from this forum, I see someone having shipping problems I short the stock for a few months. I would mention the name but they have been known to sue at the drop of a dime. Jim Cramer fans know who I mean.
    I also seen that "free business card" company have affiliate program across many networks. When their IPO came out I was all over it
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I thought the big news this week was the pending earthquake in Cali, that if strong enough will turn Mammoth mountain into an raging torrent of molten lava

and I once saw a UFO fly over the san fernando valley...two of them actually flying together

Can a moderator run the ip of this post and see if it originates from Santa Barbara, CA?

Yes, a moderator could.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm with Zeus on this one. No one at CJ has ever made me feel as if I was being given a fair hearing and typically I felt they were flat out lying to me.

It's sad when anyone loses their job for non-performance reasons (hey, it even happened to me) but I can't get too worked up about people who were paid to BS us being shown the door.

On the other hand, if it's true that the new guy is that determined to squeeze another buck out of his business partners...woe is us. Well, woe is YOU if you haven't started looking for ways to wean yourself off the networks.

CJ went downhill big time when they stuck it to their affiliates in favor of the parasites at (what was it called) the conference that Elizabeth and Haiko went to.

Sorry for the brain slip but it has been a while.

Anyway, that was when CJ made its intentions to bite the very hand that sent them real sells, the affiliates, clear.

So, tell you what. I believe the poster and I think it is greatly overdue justice that they have these problems. Justice may be slow but it usually does catch up.

I hope they get caught in the net of all the current legal backlash against parasitic applications and are forced to pay massive fines and go bankrupt as their rightful due for getting in bed with parasites.

Yes, I am sorry for the staff. The smart ones have been looking for alternate employment this last year. But, if you choose to work for a company that will stab its users in the back, why would you be surprised when it stabs its employees in the back?

For the rest of us. Well, we have been going to other networks as hurry as we can go. Do you blame us? Smart merchants are apparently bailing on CJ, too. And, I am sure they have their reasons.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    "Smart merchants are apparently bailing on CJ, too."

Who? And the ones that leave, it isn't because of parasites, all the major networks have them. The ones going to LS, usually it's because there is more transparency on affiliates over there. And there are merchants on BF going to CJ, merchants at LS going to CJ and the other way too.

Valueclick's results were published yesterday;

"Reported revenue for the first quarter of 2006 was $117.3 million, above the Company's previously issued guidance range of $110-$112 million and an increase of $65.9 million, or 128 percent, from revenue of $51.4 million for the first quarter of 2005. First quarter 2006 results include a full quarter of operations from: E-Babylon and Webclients, both acquired in June 2005; and Fastclick, acquired in September 2005."

"Adjusted-EBITDA(1) for the first quarter of 2006 was $27.4 million, an increase of $11.8 million, or 76 percent, compared to $15.6 million for the first quarter of 2005"

I see an 128 percent revenue increase but only 76 percent increase profit. This may be explained by the merged financials of the 3 aquisitions last year. or maybe they really are laying off resources in underperforming divisions like CJ to improve overall profitability.

However if you are concerned about cash flow than you should note;

"The consolidated balance sheet as of March 31, 2006 includes $260 million in cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities, $635 million in total stockholders' equity and no long-term debt."

Valuclick has too much cash if anything, they are a prime candidate for takeover.

Should also note recent merger talks that fell through;

"Fast-growing internet advertising companies ValueClick and aQuantive nearly agreed to merge in recent days, but the deal fell apart at the last minute, according to the Wall Street Journal. The talks between the two mid-level players point to the growth of online advertising - and to the challenge that midsize firms face in getting to the next level, to compete with larger players such as Google and Microsoft. ValueClick's and aQuantive's capitalization is in the neighborhood of $1.7-$1.8 billion" (per MarketingVox.com)

I hate these fly by one time posters just trying to stir things up. Let's all remember not to jump on the band wagon when they do this.

But I do appreciate Kevin's post above mine. I think that pretty much answers things.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I would agree that VC is ripe on the vine. A cash cow waiting for an even bigger conglomerate to come and scoop them up. I would also suggest that whomever might be interested in buying VC "kick the tires" as it were. When SBC bought Ameritech moons ago, they discovered all sorts of issues that weren't apparent on the balance sheet.

One might suspect that the same is true here...

Is the first time poster right? Maybe.

But it's actually kind of irrelevant. Kevin T's post indicates the real truth. Or at least the truth as Wall Street sees it. We've all known the battle is on between performance marketing and AdSense and its ilk.

And monumental layoffs are often precursor to aqcuistion.

EDIT: I wasn't clear in my first post in this thread. No way is CJ/VC low on funds... The dots I was connecting led towards a merger/takeover...
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    i suspect that the topic starter is a cj employee rumored to be canned.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by melty
    I thought someone told me CJ had plenty of money and my conspiracies about them not having money held no water...lol

layoffs...increase cashflow...
    cj appears to have hired a bunch of affiliates to pr/spin/ra-rah/cheer for them, and you seem to hit one on the dot. LOLOL

as if ... they're even trying to hide. hehehe

one post easily blew his cover - by denying a reporting delay, contradicting the announcement of cj itself about actual downtime and delays.

ABW Ambassador
    "I thought someone told me CJ had plenty of money and my conspiracies about them not having money held no water...lol"

They do have plenty of money. I got my check. Visit the suggestion forum and ask Haiko for a Conspiracy Forum where all the nuts can hang out talking about how everybody is out to get them.

You know, Trust, that is not a bad idea (the new forum part). Then moderators could just move those kind of threads there.

I like it!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast