I hope I'm not doing TOO Well
    I am promoting this one CJ merchant and I am making a LOT of cash.

Basically, I am making this money via PPC ads. There are two keywords that I rank #1, pay only .15/click and they convert at a rediculous rate.

I notice the merchant also bids on this term but is not in the #1 spot.

Should I have to worry this merchant may see that i am killing on these few keywords and try to get my spot and put me aside?

To give you an idea of how hot these keywords are, I made 17K in commissions last month from this merchant alone, and blew their performance incentive away...I hit the top tier of their incentive on the first day of the month...lol

Quote Originally Posted by melty
    I am promoting this one CJ merchant and I am making a LOT of cash.

Basically, I am making this money via PPC ads. There are two keywords that I rank #1, pay only .15/click and they convert at a rediculous rate.

Should I have to worry this merchant may see that i am killing on these few keywords and try to get my spot and put me aside?

To give you an idea of how hot these keywords are, I made 17K in commissions last month from this merchant alone, and blew their performance incentive away...I hit the top tier of their incentive on the first day of the month...lol

Send me a PM with the information (keywords, merchant, etc), and I'll see if you should be fine or not...

hahaha...nice try...

i just know this cannot last too long...

they will probably ban PPC marketing altogether...lol

Well, you know, I give it my best some times...

Whether it lasts long or not, that's not a bad check for one merchant (in a month's time)

Congrats x 2!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Well, you know, I give it my best some times...

Whether it lasts long or not, that's not a bad check for one merchant (in a month's time)

Congrats x 2!
    Let's just wait to see if I get paid...I have actually cut back serving their ads until I see payment...

Oh..thought you got paid already. Wow, are your fingernails down to the nubs yet?

On another note (and no this isn't me trying to figure out who the merchant is), are they pretty popular?

ABW Ambassador
    Depends on the keyword, TM, general term, something they sell. Do they have a keyword link at CJ which might give some input. Is there another merchant that sells that keyword.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBusiness
    Oh..thought you got paid already. Wow, are your fingernails down to the nubs yet?

On another note (and no this isn't me trying to figure out who the merchant is), are they pretty popular?
    very popular. they run tv spots often. i see them everywhere. probably a leader in their industry.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Depends on the keyword, TM, general term, something they sell. Do they have a keyword link at CJ which might give some input. Is there another merchant that sells that keyword.
    keywords link says NOTHING about forbidded bidding or outbidding or anything like that.

but that may change, i have a feeling...

the keyword is a common keyword that describes their products...

i guess if they change their policy, i could try their competitors and not give up my ad positioning...

Look - sunshine - make hay!

There is nothing wrong with finding a term that does well for you. But if you are bidding on a copywritten brand name or a variation of it, then you are probably breaching your terms of agreement with the merchant and you can expect that revenue to be retracted.

If it's not a breach of contract then bid away!

Go with your gut... if you are unwilling to talk with the affiliate manager of the company about the sales then don't expect to get the money. If you know you are doing nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, then call the rep right away and confirm that those sales are real.

That is my 2 cents anyway.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ride that ride as far as it will go...

Once you get your first check (showing that they're willing to pay it), I'd say to bid at every PPC engine that's worth a hoot.

Sure, at some point they may ban bidding or something. But until then, roll it!
    And if they do get stupid and mess with the source of all those sales--that's what their competition is for.

Congrats on the great sales. If you're converting so well for them, and not afraid you're doing something wrong, then call them up and try to get more $ from them. As long as you're not bidding on their name or anything they'd be upset about, they are probably thrilled that you're helping sell their stuff, and may be willing to pay you more for your consistant help.

Quote Originally Posted by melty
    I was in a similar situation last year. I was making very nice money selling a product on a certain cj merchants website. I was in the number 2 or 3 spot on the big G and the merchant hovered around 5 or 6. After a month or so of what for me was record sales, the merchant raised their bid to out bid me. We both played add a cent here, add a cent there until the whole thing got too rich for my blood and I gave up, letting them get ahead of me. Sales have never been the same since. (Some months I get none, I often wonder if they've decided to not credit me my sales as punishment)

This thread is such a tease.

In my aff days, I tripped over a few good KW to bid on, until I talked about my good fortune, then the competition stepped in. There may be no link between my discussion of good fortune and additional competition, but I like to tell myself there was.

John
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

Are you direct linking to the merchant or are you using a landing page?

dak

Quote Originally Posted by dak142
    Are you direct linking to the merchant or are you using a landing page?

dak
    Direct linking, which is allowed. I also have a landing page for them, but don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    Congrats on the great sales. If you're converting so well for them, and not afraid you're doing something wrong, then call them up and try to get more $ from them. As long as you're not bidding on their name or anything they'd be upset about, they are probably thrilled that you're helping sell their stuff, and may be willing to pay you more for your consistant help.
    I honestly don't trust them. I think I should keep my mouth shut to the merchant.

I sent them an 'anonymous' email requesting their keyword search policy...And I am in compliance 100%

I happened to talk to an affiliate manager yesterday who told me they had to change their keyword search policy because the boss looked at some numbers and wasn't too happy that a super hot converting keyword was being used by the affiliate, and not the merchant.

let the data mining begin...lame don't they know their own biz?

more power to you melty!

If you don't trust them, I guess then just milk it as long as you can

If you are in compliance 100% then definitely contact them and ask for an increased commission rate. You won't be able to fly under the radar making $17k a month anyway. Say you want to expand the campaign into less profitable areas or something. They may well increase your rate.

The second thing you should do to support the first is to put campaigns on all three search engines (Google, MSN and Overture). Not doing this is to miss out on free money. Then make more keywords. If you have 2 good ones then there are many more you don't have. Make thousands. This will also help if the merchant gets aggressive over the 2 good kws you have.

There is only one five bar CJ merchant that I can see that fits your description and actually allows direct linking. So, I am thinking that either the program is not five bar or perhaps you are not reading all the terms. Nearly all the 5 bar programs don't allow direct linking.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread