ABW Ambassador
    21 Yr. Old Hacker Gets 5 Years In Prison
    "Authorities said he received more than $107,000 for downloading adware _ software that can track a user's Internet browsing habits and deliver pop-up ads _ onto infected computers and selling access to hackers and spammers."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/09/D8HGDT7OL.html

Hacker, 21, Gets Almost 5 Years in Prison
    A 21-year-old computer whiz was sentenced to nearly five years in federal prison for taking control of 400,000 Internet-connected computers and renting access to them to spammers and fellow hackers.

Among the machines authorities said Jeanson James Ancheta infected in 2004 and 2005 were those at the China Lake Naval Air Facility and the Defense Information System Agency headquartered in Falls Church, Va.

"Your worst enemy is your own intellectual arrogance that somehow the world cannot touch you on this," U.S. District Judge R. Gary Klausner told Ancheta in sentencing him Monday to 57 months in prison.

Ancheta, of Downey, Calif., pleaded guilty in January to four felony charges.

Authorities said he received more than $107,000 for downloading adware _ software that can track a user's Internet browsing habits and deliver pop-up ads _ onto infected computers and selling access to hackers and spammers.

A Web site he maintained included a schedule of prices and guidelines for the technology necessary to bring down a particular type of Web site.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Not nearly long enough. If each computer took a day to clean up, then that should be 400,000 days.. or about 1095 years. Or life. Whichever is longer.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

[Merged two threads]
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I agree that they should be giving more. I just dont understand why people so clever dont use their knowledge to earn money in different, normal way, no by stealing and damaging !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krixen
    I agree that they should be giving more. I just dont understand why people so clever dont use their knowledge to earn money in different, normal way, no by stealing and damaging !!!

I hear that! What a waste! I just don't get it either....but it seems we live in a world where so many people think the only way to get rich is via crime..

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Authorities said he received more than $107,000 for downloading adware _ software that can track a user's Internet browsing habits and deliver pop-up ads _ onto infected computers and selling access to hackers and spammers."

Funny, I brought up the same subject a while back.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=68841

Hey Trust, boooo, they're out to get you .... hehehe

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread