Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shoes.com 41% Reversal ... So Far for April
    Stupid, Stupid, Stupid ME! Believed Shoes.com AM that their Reversal Rate was low see it right here ...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...light=reversal

3.5% -- Couldn't believe it could JUMP to 41%.

All of my reversals are "returned merchandise"

So, I made Google Adwords happy & Shoes.com happy and ME Poor.

I will Never promote Shoes again -- any shoes, NONE, Never, ever Again!

Bah!

I don't promote footwear very much, but I'd guess of all my reversals
    80%= shoes
    10%= travel
    10%= everything else.

I'm sure some people make $$$ off shoe PPC, but I dont have the patience for all the testing...waiting...testing etc.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, the 3.5% reversal rate for shoes is a little hard to swallow. I expect a higher reversal rate for any shoe merchant.

I almost promote all the shoe merchants now & the best performer is Zappos & ShoeMall for convertion.
    I currently have reversal average of 35% with zappos and that was around 25% few months ago.
    Selling shoes by PPC is a bit risky. because you don't know what reversals are you going to face

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Shoes.com in bed with UPromise, but they probably cut a special deal with them to limit max reversals.

ShoeMall also in with UPromise and is also listed with eBates, but they cut a similar deal.

Silly to throw ppc money at these parties.

ABW Ambassador
    The parasites reversed the sales. Maybe people just return shoes because they don't fit.

Affiliate Manager
    Wow, I apologize for that thread, it was completely wrong. I can only say that I didn't know the history of the account coming in and I totally messed up the math. I'll go in and correct that.

Shoes.com has never had a reversal rate of 41% since I've been here. Here are the monthly reversal rates going back a few months. I wish CJ still had the merchant reversal rate in their system for affiliates to see so mistakes like this wouldn't happen.

January 06 - 13%
    February 06 - 17%
    March 06 - 22%
    April 06 - 16%

Again, I apologize. If you'd like me to check your individual sales to see specific reasons your sales were returned or cancelled, let me know.

Rebecca Evans
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Shoes.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    The parasites reversed the sales.
    Was that retort aimed at me?

ABW Ambassador
    Yep. Don't know why you do that. I checked out the other merchants on the sites you mentioned and for a lot I never get reversals and very rarely. What's the difference between the merchants? SHOES and maybe this:

"If you are not completely satisfied, simply return your purchase within 365 days for exchange or refund."

Being shoes and having a whole year to return them would account for a high reversal rate. You make it seem like if they were parasite free, you wouldn't have any shoe reversals.

I did not associate this affiliate's reversals in any way with parasites.

I said this merchant is a silly place to throw ppc money at because they're in bed with cheaters.

I also said that I think it's likely those parasites partnered with this group don't suffer from the same reversals the affiliate experienced because they likely signed deals restricting their max reversal rates. I've seen it done many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes.com
    Shoes.com has never had a reversal rate of 41% since I've been here...
    I'm afraid that is not what this poster was stating. Instead they were saying THEIR reversal rate is that high (not Shoes.com) and that is a significant leap in numbers previously stated in the other thread. Regardless, it is much higher than what you are showing for Shoes.com overall. If I was you, I'd be personally getting in touch with this person to help them (and you) discover why they have such a higher number than what you are reporting as your normal monthly reversal rate.

btw, I'm never promoted shoes.com, so I can't say what my rate of reversals are. However, I have promoted shoes for other shoe merchants and it has not been that high at some of them. But it is the highest reversal rate of any product I market, that is for sure.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts

I also said that I think it's likely those parasites partnered with this group don't suffer from the same reversals the affiliate experienced because they likely signed deals restricting their max reversal rates. I've seen it done many times before.
    I hope you really don't think Shoes.com would have a contract that specifies a promised reversal rate, we've never done that and never will. It's just not good business sense so I would be willing to bet that no advertiser would do that in the online shoe industry. Now if you're saying "lead" advertisers do this or something like that maybe they would, I don't know.

I'm absolutely interested in getting to the bottom of a specific affiliate's high reversal rate like this, I just need to know who the affiliate is and I'll run some quick reports to see who these users are that are generating returns. If they're targetting luxury shoes that may be a reason as we tend to see higher returns for luxury shoes. I'll work directly with this affiliate on that, just call or email me.

affiliate@shoes.com
    323-856-2034

Please let me help you get to the bottom of this, I'm here to help.

Rebecca Evans
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Shoes.com, Inc.

Rebecca,

You might try sendinga PM. I'm always impressed when I comment about something here and the affiliate manager is quick to contact me and not waiting for me to contact them.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi Rebecca -- I have PM'd you & emailed you as well.

My reversals are now up to 48% of total orders and 44.5% of Total Commission.

And, no, they were not all Luxury shoes, although many were.

But, this rate of Reversal is Still ridiculously high. And all are "Returned
    Merchandise" Not "invalid credit card" or "other".

On a positive note ... Shoes.com Does do partial reversals. Where if
    only 1 item is returned, that is the only portion that is reversed.

I simply cannot understand Why my sales have such a High reversal ...
    ALL came from Google Adwords.

Hopefully Rebecca can shed some light.

Thankfully, I didn't spend too much yet for May and all ads are Now
    off line.

I'm not going to discount what donuts is saying, implying or refering. I happen to know that he knows his shit... Therefore, I would like to know what Donuts see's as far as Zappos goes. So, Donuts, What kripe do you have on Zappos?? I'm only asking because, with my limited knowledge, I have detected an increase in Zappos infestations ever since Jack Katowski left... Is that a fairly accurate time frame? They have always claimed to be parasite free.... but many programs make that claim. Personally, I have noticed quite a decline in my personal conversion ratio.. with the Zappos program, over the last 2 months, especially.

Donuts Knows His Shit! (How do I know?) I tried to exchange links with him and.. well, he knew more about my sites than I DID!! So, believe me, he knows his shit..
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

ABW Ambassador
    Your own stats should tell you about Zappos.

This month converting at 6% with a $72 EPC for me.

Just look at your EPC, conversion ratio etc. for the year.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by gettnthar
    But, this rate of Reversal is Still ridiculously high.
    no its not. I had 40.7% reversals on this month with Zappos. Its common with shoe merchants.

Why would people continue to market shoes, of any type, with reversal rates as high as almost 50% across the board? Why not just drop them and look into investing your time into a more profitable market?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Your own stats should tell you about Zappos.
    This is the very best answer possible.

For the record, I'm not a zappos aff, never have been, never met or communicated with Jack or anyone from zappos, know zappos is the premier online shoe dealer, see them winning awards for growth, uptime, site speed and much more regulary (via Internet Retailer magazine especially). I've never been a shoe affiliate for anyone (but once got credit for some shoes sold through Amazon - but I sent the buyer their for a tv antenna - go figure).

For an affiliate friend, I have tested zappos for a few parasites and found them squeaky clean, but that was a long time ago and Jack was there. I'd say my best advice goes to two points:

(1) TrustNo1 is absolutely correct. Each of us sells differently. To know if Zappos works for you, try it.

(2) Kellie Stevens has a new service in Beta, she's posted about it here. She is 100x more qualified to test and report on merchants than I am. Once her service goes live, affiliates can stop wondering or asking semi-pro testers what the scoop is. If you've been a fan of Kellie's posts here and how they can help you make sound quick decisions, know that her service will soon be shining the light on the cockroaches. I recommend you watch for her service to go live soon, join at the start and submit a testing request for your merchants of concern.

KevinC - once her service goes live, send me a PM. I'll pay for your first year membership to her service.

Donuts,

Thanks for the info and offer. Sounds like an overdue service. We certainly need all the help we can get!
    :warning: If we don't get some cool rules ourselves.... pronto... then we'll just be bogus too..

Donuts, or anyone in-the-know, I'm looking for the site or information regarding Ms. Kellie's new service.

I remember reading a little about it a whlie back, but can't seem to find it anymore. Would anyone happen to have the link to that post, or the site, or something similar to read more of?

Thanks!

Old thread announcing the idea was coming - some things here have likely changed due to age:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=13903

Latest thread that I know of, calling for Beta testers:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=71451

Thanks Donuts

Question
    Think about it.... who in their right mind would buy shoes ONLINE? I've worked in a shoe store back in the day and customers sometimes try on a dozen shoes and still walk out without buying anything. It's hard enough to find a good fitting shoe inside a store let alone online (rediculous). Bad online store concept if you ask me. I can easily see why so many people send them back ...they don't fit...don't look good on me etc. and I bet most of the returns are women. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxman
    Think about it.... who in their right mind would buy shoes ONLINE?
    I have

My mother has purchased shoes from a catalog.

The great thing about ordering shoes online is that usually they have a wide range of styles, colors and (for some people) most importantly sizes!

It's like ordering from a catalog, but now the catalogs are online.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast